1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

computer Help needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ric3677, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I am in need of one of you techs. Since Monday, my main unit is acting up. It must have bug. All ideas and or things to do to rid mysef of this bug would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Rick in Mt.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

With the lack of information that you failed to include...how about spraying it with Raid or Black Flag?

4. mike31z

mike31z Member

go to another computer and visit downloads.com. download and save the following AVG FRee and Glary utilities. disconnect your problem machine fron the internet. un install you current antivirus. reboot install the new AVG antivirus scan your computer 100 percent withouthooking to internet. After you have that 100 percent scan done Connect to internet and update your installed AVG Free antivirus. disconnect you internet and do another 100 percent scan. based on the results. Then insstall the glary utility and run that scan and let that program fix the errors. That about $150.00 worth of scans for free.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If I assume that you are running a Windows PC and I also assume that you picked up a virus or malware, go to this website on another PC or MAC and then register and read some of the forums. The folks on this website will assist you (for free) in (1) diagnosing, (2) analyzing and (3) getting rid of the problem.

www.atribune.org

Last summer, I picked up some malware and it took me 4-5 days to get rid of it with the greatly appreciated assistance of these folks. At your option, you can make a donation to the website to keep it up and running.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

Buy a Mac...no problems, no viruses.

7. ric3677

this morning I can't get anything to come up, all I get is the screen saver. I guess I am going to have to haul it in and get a tech to fix it. Thanks to all that tried to help and the rest of you, have a great day. I hope some where down the road you need help also. You should stop and think before you reply.

Rick in Mt.

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

Sorry, but I was serious about buying a Mac. I've worked a lot with both platforms and the Macs are truly trouble free. I've never seen a Mac owner on this forum asking for help. Problems simply don't happen as frequently as they do on PC's. And the new Mac OS is Unix based, one of the most widely used and trouble free OS's around.

9. bocephus

bocephus Member

People did try to help you but you did not supply any information as to what your computer is doing/not doing.

Next time think before you post begging for help with a problem you fail to describe.

Oh and just because you didn't get people to fix your computer FOR FREE without knowing what is wrong with it you hope they have bad luck? Go crawl back under your rock!

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When we went to Colorado Springs at Christmas our daughter was getting Blue Screen error on her computer, an E-Machine. I thought it was a virus but I couldn't fix it with all the info I got when I did a Google Search on Blue Screen Error. I ended up taking it to a local computer repair shop and the tech connected his diagnostic equipment and said that the problem was the motherboard was failing. They put in a new motherboard for $100 and her computer has worked fine ever since.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

ric3677

You didn't really give anyone much to go on. Without some detailed information and history, it's hard to help. I don't think you even stated what operating system you were running or if it is a desktop or laptop.

The "Buy-A-Mac" solution doesn't work all that well either. They have had a lot of trouble recently and they have MORE open issues than Windows and they take LONGER than Microsoft to fix them. Do a little googling on zero day issues with a comparison between the two and see what you get. They also charge a lot more for the same hardware that the "PC" uses. Try a "Hack-in-tosh". You get the benefits of a clone with the "Oh-Sooooo-Cool" Mac OS.

If you REALLY want a trouble free operating system, try Linux or the original, Unix. Most Linux Distros are Free for the download and they will run on almost anything. There is a Distro for almost every type of harware and purpose you could think of. You could even use a "Live" disk to run a system without Windows or the Mac OS, and you even don't need a hard drive! I use the Live disks to diagnose hardware issues. I have Linux and Windows Live disks among others. No installation needed, no Hard Drive to worry about, and you can even recover your files with it, most of the time.

12. ric3677

Revisited.....I am back and better than ever. It turned out not to be a bug after all. Even tho I paid a techie 90 bucks to take a bug off...hmmmm

It was the external hard drive that was creating the problem. Isn't this new age wonderful? And a big thanks to all who tried to help even tho I didn't give much to go on. Have you tried typing on one of those minature keyboards? LOL

Have a great day to all......Rick in Mt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.