1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer Help Needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by j2jake, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Have the S3 program on Laptop Computer running Windows XP. Want to get card reader in order to swpie ATA cards for shoots. Can someone point me in right direction? Will I need extra software to support? Thanks, Jake

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Search > card swipe < on Ebay...........CM

Find one with software CD not one that is supposed to give you online support downloads.

4. pweld

pweld TS Member

Jake talk with Tom at RR he can tell you of a good person to talk to on computer stuff. He has set Tom up really good at a very reasonable price.

Paul

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

j2jake,

Got this tip from another TS.com poster;

"Last card readers I bought came from POSWorld. They are Magtek 2-stripe USB readers (Item# 21040110) and cost $54 each, with free standard shipping. You can also get the reader for PS2 connection. Saves keyentry of the 7-digit ATA#. They work great!! "

I bought two of these for our club and they do work great. When ordering use the item # above and make sure you order two band readers.

They require no software. When you plug in the USB XP or Windows7 initialzes them automatically.

I purchased a thin aluminum plate and double back picture attaching tape and attached the plate to the bottom of the keyboard with the right end sticking out about 2 inches. I attached the card readed in this area with its side attached to the right side of the keyboard with the tape.

When shooters arrive ~ swipe their card ~ and you have all their information instantly. If the card is old or bent you may still need to enter the number.

Michael Stephenson

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.