1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Component Shortage Over??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

In the last week I have found I can get nearly any powder, any kind of primer and lots of shot. I think the big backlog could be over. I guess all the hoarders ran out of cash.????

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Well in my area... primers and powder prices have gone thru the roof. Bought early and now I am not going to pay double the price. They can keep it on the shelves.

3. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Rick Thats because your in Texas, my dad says he can get anything he wants to load with down there. But up here in the pacific northwest I can't hardly get anything still....

Jack

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Jack: What do you need? Rick

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Try "Powder Valley" in Kansas...VERY prompt shipping. Good folks, good prices.
    Rick~~~Texas

6. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Rick,

I don't really need anything cause I can get my dad to get it and send it all to me cheaper than I can get it all here if it's even available here. But thank you if I need something can I get in touch with you?

Jack

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Sure Jack. I am always willing to help. Use my email address posted above.
    Rick~~~Texas

8. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I think there finally getting caught up with all this. I can find anything I want or need here where I am from. Me being wishful thinking, I hope there is to much supply and the prices start coming down.

9. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Rick,

Will do, I really appreciate the help. But like I said right now I'm loaded with everything I need right now. But in the future I may get in touch with you.

Jack

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I think its just about over....we're even starting to get stuff in Alaska. Just last night the walmart told me they expected 22LR shells on Wedensday, and I haven't seen those in a year or more.

Funny story about the hoarding, from last spring at the height of the mania: My old boss, who MIGHT shoot two boxes of rifles shells a year, on a good year, calls me wondering why he can't buy rifle shells or rifle powder - because he wants to start reloading. I have a guy who can get most things, I say...so he orders 80 POUNDS of rifle powder - enough to load about 5,600 shells.

He got it from the guy, and to the best of my knowledge hasn't loaded a round yet.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I don't consider myself a "hoarder" but I do buy in bulk for close to wholesale prices. Fortunately, my supplies on hand were sufficient to last me through the recent storm. With the current decline of the dollar perhaps I should start looking to components as a commodity to fight inflation next time I order. To those who might try to impune my "hoarding," I have shared my supplies with fellow shooters, the caveat being that it be replaced when available, no cash sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.