1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Trap shooting set up has gotta go!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TheDuckBuster, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDuckBuster

TheDuckBuster TS Member

Well to start off with this gun is not actually for sale yet but will be at the end of the summer and im just trying to get it out there. I am 17 and a 4H shooter shooting in shotgun for my last year i bought this gun 2 years ago used, from a personal friend that owns a gunshop in Burlington.
    Ok now onto the gun it is a Beretta 682 X Trap model which for those who dono its an over under. The gun is in great condition there is a small crack in the stock right behind the safety that i will be repairing before its sold, but other than that the wood is in prestine condition it has no vissible scratches or dings by vissible i mean you cant see them unless you really really get to looking. The stock also has work done to it. It has a adjustable comb and butplate with a recoil reducer with adjustable tension(Its a mechanism inside the stock with a spring and when you shoot the butplate gives).
    The metal is the black color insted of the bluing the barrel has a few visible spots where the black has worn off but still great condition. The reciever is silver with engraving on it and has not a scratch. Ok now onto what comes with the gun it comes with a factory Beretta case, a release trigger(trigger that you pull before and when you want to shoot you let off), 10 assorted choke tubes only 2 are the same(Mod.), and a speed choke wrench. Now with all the accesories and work that has been done to the gun if it was brand new it would go for around $5000 to $5600 depending who you get to do the work on the stock.
    I am asking $2000 for it. The money is going towards buying a newer pickup for me to go off to college with, right now i have an old 1988 beat up chevy which just wont cut it. So i am just listing it right now so i can get it out there and then at the end of the summer when im done with 4H forever its gotta go. So if your interested post up and i can get you pics and tell you ne thing else you want to know.And i know even tho its not for sale yet i would still like to know if your interested in it and i will keep you in mind so please post up still.
    Thanks, Wesley

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just a thought before you head off to college.

im should be I'm ... dono should be don't know ... prestine should be pristine

I would continue but thought you might want to consider selling the gun now before you head off to college so that you can use the money instead for some English tutoring.

Why sell the gun at all? Since you're not going to be involved with the 4H any longer does that mean you're not ever going to shoot again? Were you only shooting with them because it was cheap?

3. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Pat...your your should be "your."

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

your--belonging to. You're--contraction for your are.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

And, lumper:

There should be a verb in the first paragraph.

There should be a period in the second. And ellipses are the wrong punctuation in that construction; they should be dashes.

As for the rest - it defines "cheap."

Neil

6. TheDuckBuster

TheDuckBuster TS Member

I know how to spell all that stuff correct it is just much faster to do it that way, plus i posted it on another forum that doesnt give a damn about grammar and then i just copied and pasted it on here. And i didnt post this on here to have my grammar questioned by a bunch of know it alls that should be working instead of pickin on a kid. I posted it to get the gun sold thats all.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I thought the student did quite well considering this is not a job application but merely an e-mail. His description was excellent and sounds accurate - not like some of you fabricators.
    On the other hand, your critique is missing some commas which are necessary for smooth reading. One comma should be after the word
    "continue" and one after the word "longer". And I see you made a correction on the misspelling of the word cheap which clarifies your comment.
    If we are going to be that picayune (picky yoony), no one will write comments any more and that would be sad. Lynne

8. TheDuckBuster

TheDuckBuster TS Member

Thank you straight99, I can handle that kind of critisizm.

9. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

If I did not already have one of what your selling, I would buy it! For what you have, I think it's a fair price.

Good luck,

Bob M.

10. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

afterallproper spelin has. notin todowit commyoucatn oar selen,,,

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

You're on the verge of not funny, CharlesR1100.

12. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Lump, that was much better. But get another retort.

Look it up.

Good luck selling the gun and in college.

13. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

And once again lumper proves to be a pathetic moron. Best part of him ran down his mothers leg.

14. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

And once again trapshooters.com reinforces, to its youthful participants, that the value of education is rather lightly regarded here.

Ejucashun? We doan need need no steenking ejucashun.

15. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 TS Member

You guys must not have any teenagers at home that are into the text messaging thing. This is how they write there text messages. I read and understood it perfectly. Oh know!!!! there rubbin' off on me.

Chris

16. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 TS Member

You guys must not have any teenagers at home that are into the text messaging thing. This is how they write their text messages. I read and understood it perfectly. Oh no!!!! there rubbin' off on me.

Chris

17. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 TS Member

You guys must not have any teenagers at home that are into the text messaging thing. This is how they write their text messages. I read and understood it perfectly. Oh no!!!! there rubbin' off on me.

Chris

18. TheDuckBuster

TheDuckBuster TS Member

Ok well the barrel length is 28 inches with out the extended chokes and its the high rib. Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok so how do you post pics cuz that didn't work would someone help me please?

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I didn't know they made a 28" Trap 682......

Keep the gun.

It don't eat nothing if you don't feed it, and they hold value fairly well.

$2K won't go far towards a newer vehicle, and do yourself a favor - you don't need a car payment in school. 99% of freshmen don't need a car on campus anyways (I'm assuming you're going to be a freshman).

That being said, I'd look for a nice Toyota or Nissan truck - 5 or 6 years old. Cheap to insure, cheap to run, will outlast your educational experience.

20. TheDuckBuster

TheDuckBuster TS Member

Ya i know most freshman dont need a vehicle but i live in the middle of fricken no where and where im goin to college at is not goin to be within 200 miles of my house so i need a vehicle to get to and from college and my house.

Mono i sent the email

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.