1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete shoulder Replacement

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PNT, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNT

PNT Member

The Dr. wants to do a complete shoulder replacement on me. Would like to talk to anyone who has had this done. Please PM me and I will get back to you.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would read up on that one- not for the faint of heart- Outcomes vary considerably

Dont just get word of mouth

Also get a second opinion

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. PNT

PNT Member

Did get a second opinion, both said I needed it.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What are the reasons the docs gave for replacement? I've had both done because mine collapsed due to arthritis and I could no longer lift my arms out in front of me and they locked up on occasion.

5. PNT

PNT Member

Barry, sent you a PM.

Pete

6. hot springs

hot springs TS Member

PNT

I sent you a PM.

Good luck with your surgery if you do it.

7. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

PNT, I had the complete shoulder replacement in my shooting shoulder. Ball & Socket back in 2004. I went to Hospital for Special Surgeries in NYC in January and was shooting by May.

Knock on wood no issues with the recovery, now my left shoulder is giving me problems!

Regards,

Joe

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

PNT had one replacement and when that wore out had it replaced again worked out fine just a bit longer recovery as you get older

9. mooney

mooney Member

PNT, I had a complete shoulder replacement done 12 years ago. The day after the surgery the pain was gone and I began my physical therapy that afternoon. You will experience a decrease in your range of motion and you will no longer be able to bench much. In my case it was a case of repetitive trauma (I was a roofer in addition to shooting five days a week)that literally destroyed the cartilidge in the joint. I experienced little pain from the procedure but the rehab was difficult. If you will contact me via my e-mail address, I'll give you all the details.

Mooney-Glenn Wedding

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I am reading along and learning. Having my left shoulder replaced Jan 19th. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting rid of the constant pain. I have no cartilidge left. Basically bone on bone.

11. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Twostraight,

Let us know how the reverse goes, I have had both totally replaced in the last 3 years, will need the left done as a reverse (result of recent accident) in the near future.

My surgeon says strength will be the big issue after, pain is constant at the moment but decision is mine when we go ahead.

Gidday Matt, 19th January just around the corner, mate I will be thinking of you that day, the loss of the constant pain will be your biggest reward from the surgery and you should be good to go by the time the Grand comes around.

I doubt if I will make it next August as my shoulder is getting worse by the day and I am going to have to make the decision sooner rather than later.

Merry Christmas to all on Trapshooters, stay safe and break-em-all.

Release Trigger.......Downunder.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary(Release Trigger),

G'day Mate!!!

Thanks for the info and especially the thoughts. I hope whatever you decide for your shoulder works better than expected. I hope you are wrong and i get to see your jolly smile at the Grand this year anyway.

You have a Merry Christmas as well friend.

Matt.............Stateside :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.