1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaint, new Gunbroker.com site

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chiefjon, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

If I have missed something, let me know. I don't care for the new Gunbroker.com front page or the way they make it impossible to contact them. If you have a solution, let me know. Otherwise, I am going to forgo the pleasure of doing business on their site.

JON

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've never had any trouble contacting them through their messaging service by opening a Support Issue. I doubt your ever going to get someone on the phone, try that with any of the auction sites. They simply don't have the time or resources, when 99% of the calls will be BS that's already been answered somewhere on the website, or people calling CS with questions about an item for sale, which would obviously need to be addressed directly with the seller.

The new main page is a little different, and I don't like it as much as the old one, but I rarely see the main page anyways, and from what I can tell, little has changed with the rest of the site.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

All the pages are narrower. I also don't like it as well as the old design.

Ed

4. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

The new site is terrible and for me its harder to find a particular gun I'm looking for.

5. AveragEd

I sent a service request to them regarding this subject. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Ed

6. AveragEd

Their reply:

"We are sorry you are not pleased with the new look of the site - we will forward your comments to engineering for their review."

Ed

7. avery53

avery53 Member

For some reason, GB is slower for me. Don't know if it is on their end or mine.

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I spent 20 min. searching various parts of their site before I finally got to a spot that let me send an email of complaint. The response was boilerplate telling me how much better the new site was. I had stated several of us on ts.com were troubled by the new site, their response...they couldn't find any complaints on ts.com...not a good way for concerned folks to behave...

JON

9. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I cannot see any difference, you go to the home page, put in a search for whatever and thier they are. Listing is still the same, if it is narrower use your comp to expand it. I just listed a gun and found it to be the same efficient site. How can you spend 20 minutes searching a site. Site map at the bottom of the page might just work?

CM

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I agree about the new Gunbroker site being bad. It is nowhere as easy or fast to use. Maybe someone can post here how to connect to their complaint dept fast & we can all wite. Can this thread be forwarded to them. Sorry,I am not very computer literate.

11. AveragEd

If you follow the "Support" link on their home page, you will get to where you can message them.

Ed

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Their web site now sucks

13. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I do not like the new look either. If something works fine, why do they change things?
    Steve Balistreri

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I actually find it easier to use. Just wave the arrow over the "View all catagories" and then over what you want to see until you run out then click your mouse. It's really that easy. If you have a slow speed hook-up it will take a minute for it to load.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.