1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition Yellow Streaks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by partygirl, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Well, lap 25 of the great American race and we have a competition yellow for the pussies in nascar. I mean the Chili Bowl was racing. This isn't racing.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Next Saturday, REAL racing begins for 2009 when the 410 winged sprint cars take to the 1/2-mile dirt track in Hagerstown, Maryland. Then they open the season at the Lincoln Speedway near Abbottstown, Pennsylvania on the following Saturday.

Ed

3. smp005

smp005 Member

Ed,

I grew up in between Gettysburg and New Oxford - on a clear night we could hear the cars at our farm! Teenage years found us all with our girlfriends either at Lincoln or US 30 Dragway!!!

I live in Ohio now, haven't seen the Outlaws run in a lot of years - ah yes, the good ole days!!!

Scott Powell

Copley Trap Range

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Don't need words for this one

HM

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Good memories, Scott. Ironically, I'm the pit steward and sprint car tech inspector at Lincoln and, in my younger days, raced at U.S. 30.

Ed

6. randy-s

randy-s Member

Right on Halfmile!

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

HM,

If words were needed, they still wouldn't get it!!!!!!

ec90t

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, full course yellow...

Edge of your seat stuff they have there.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with pavement scratchers, but in my day it was way too pricey a game.

I would have had a go at Meadowdale if someone would have given me a ride. The Monza Wall there was legendary amongst my cohorts.

Elkhart lake gets a good crowd, I went and particularly enjoyed the sidecars. But nothing beats slinging it sideways at 135. With 3 guys alongside you.

To each his own.

HM

10. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

Halfmile; You can still take a walk around the REMAINS of Meadowdale. The monza wall is gone but a lot of the old pavement is still there. The forest preserve now owns it. I still remember Lance Reventlows Scarabs. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.