1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition Ballistics Products Wads data?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Anyone use their wads. I need some receipes for reloading some of these wads. Are they for straight wad hulls or can they be used in Remington or AA's? Any opinions about them other than they're expensive. Biff

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Which wad, exactly? BPI sources wads and renames them for their own purposes.

I have a pretty good cross-reference data.

Bob

3. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

Bob,
    Do you have any recipes for the Spitfire wad, STS hulls, Green Dot, and an ounce of shot? I shoot the Z21 wad, but also picked up some Spitfires.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The Gualandi Super G 1222 wad (CS12) is a little longer, but if you don't have any fit issues, use the same 20.5(±)gn you're using now for the B&P Z2M (Trap Commander).

The Gualandi Wads are a <i>little</i> 'stickier' than the B&P, but in the 8000psi range, nothing to pay any attention to.

Bob

5. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, Well I have the 072 PISK to use on the 16 yrd line.....need a hull and Red Dot formula. I may load some 072SRC to use as a one 0Z. first shot of dbls. I have a few of Trap Commander 072Z21 maybe to try in a handicap load. If the wads are only half as good as the company says they are, they have to Fantastic!

I pushed a 071PISK down in a cut off paper Nobelsport hull and when I pulled it out it made a noise like a popgun, a very airtight fit! Would this be good? Biff

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Well ... first off, BPI is the modern incarnation of Herters: they make nothing, rename everything, and it is perfect in every respect, but in the instance of the Gualandi Piston Skeet wads, it is hard to heap enough good words.

www.gualndi.com

english flag

plastic wads

piston skeet

The more I use Gulandi wads (and I use 4 sizes of the Super G for 3 different 12ga lengths for both lead and Bismuth), the more I like using different of their products.

You can even back up some from 16 with that wad: they hold a pretty coherent pattern further than that.

They ARE 'stickier' than RemChester wads. BPI should have given you a loading data sheet, but no big loss. Use any straight-wall hull and Fed12C0/Red Dot data and you'll be fine. If you stick them in a taperd hull, I doubt you can get a full ounce of shot in them. They are especially delicious in paper hulls, of course.

The 'Trap Commander' is a B&P Z 2/M,

http://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=296&Itemid=197<=en

and you can get them at BPI or Precision Reloading. Also an excellent wad, and come in 16 & 20ga to if you hunt upland. FGM & Fed12S3 data is a good match there, also.

If you have a bunch of Eurotrash Paper hulls and don't mind fighting the shitty crimp battle, you have a winner sitting in front of you.

Bob

7. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, I happened to shoot a box of paper Nobelsport #8's 31 mec bushing of 700x and Nobsprt primer and broke all 25 from the 16 with more authority than any load I shot all summer new or reloads! Wasn't sure if it was how I was hitting them or had to do with those wads. I had loaded them about 3 years ago and put them aside, guess I had tried a box and wasn't impressed with the breaks at that time with it possibly being me or the gun. I Emailed BP but have heard nothing from them. These wads are heavier and seem to have a much better cushion, they claim it deforms shot less! Biff

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Wads matter ... A LOT.

And sometimes majiic happens.

*EYE* try to put myself in the path of serendip whenever I can, and wads are the wrong place to try to save money.

I don't think most people work with their gun closely enough to find out what IT likes before they send the barrels off to begin another round of frustration.

IMHO, of course.

Bob

9. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, BP wads aren't like anything I've ever used before, what sets them apart so much from the common wads on the market?

10. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

One factor that is pretty important, for the American market more than for all other markets combined, I suspect, is that reloading tapered hulls is a LOT cheaper and easier than reloading FGM, and in straight-wall is where your better engineered wads are found.

If you look at the Gualandi REX, Spark & Super G, and at the B&P T2 and Z 2/M series of wads, they are both engineering masterpieces and works of art.

But in STS or AA hulls, their brilliance is unnoticed, as 'good' is always the enemy of 'better'.

My 2¢, anyhow.

Bob

11. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, Guess I'll pattern the NobelSport Paper hull and the only Federal(Wally W GC) hulls I have and also chrono them to see what they're putting out, kinda hard to do in town though! They are a much tighter fit in those hulls than the Remchester wads in the STS and AA's, wonder if that's the difference? I may just PM you what I find out as this thread seems to be just between you and I. Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bpi piston skeet wad loading data
comparable wad to bp cs12

gualandi wads for sale

gualandi wads load data

load data for z21 wad and ren sts hull

reloadingbrecipes for b&p hulls
spitfire wad load data
super g 25mm wad load data