1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Compare 90T, TMS, Ljutic Mono

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I am searching for a SBT gun and am considering the 90T, TMS and Ljutic guns on this board. Of course it would be great to shoot them all and compare them at the same day, but that's not possible in January in MN. For those of you that have shot them, please chime in with your preferences/characteristics of each.

90T and TMS are similar in price, except TMS has a choke system. Ljutic is of course more $$$.

David

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have use the "L" guns and presently the 90T. They are both built like tanks and will last a long time. I believe repairs might be somewhat cheaper on the Remington if many are needed on either. I personally prefer the Remington because of the re-setting of the release. I found it very difficult to re-set the trigger of the Ljutic. That has nothing to do with the quality of the gun, it was just me and using the release. No release, no problem, spend the extra and get the Ljutic. You will be happy with either.

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

The P guns are lighter in the barrel and swing better for me. the L gun was the hardest for me to swing, but this is just my opinion.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I shoot the 90T in both low-rib and HPAR. Coming from a lighter SBT (BT99) I really like the weight and the balance of the 90T.

Service from GunDr - Doug Braker (MN) has been exceptional and I have had no operational issues with either gun.

Lastly, I really like the way the 90T looks!

regards,

Jay Spitz

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I just happen to have a 90-T HPAR for sale if anyone is interested ... The gun it tight and has no gun rack rash on it ...

Remington 90-T SBT.

34" barrel, Bore: .736 ... Choke: .039 Has factory adjustable comb and rib ... $3000.00 or best offer .... Money talks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Just as a Sunday afternoon at the local trap range shooter...

In the past year have been shooting Browning BT-99, Remington 90-T, Krieghoff KX-5, and Perazzi TM1 from the 16 yard line.

Have enjoyed them all and wouldn't have a bad thing to say about any of them.

Nor would I say that any one of them limits my ability to shoot well.

Think I have some 25 Straights with all of them, as well as my more common 23 and 24 out of 25 relays.

At this moment, I reach for the KX-5 more often than the others, but would not hesitate to shoot any of them.

I like the extra weight of the Remington.

The TM1 feels like I am shooting a laser beam that cannot miss, though I atill do.

Do not think I am ever handicapped by a Browning. Shoot a Citori XT frequently from the 16 yard line too.

I may not be skilled or experienced enough to dislike one of them more than the other.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I also have a Perazzi TM-S for sale that would be considerably less money than the 90-T, it is also in really nice shape, is tight and would serve someone well ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

the P guns felt lighter and always seemed to recoil more than the other two. I have shot them all well.

9. Gil

Gil Member

Up North, I have a stainless mono and love it. You can find some excellent buys on used Ljutics. One you get it adjusted to your style of shooting you won't look back. I use a PFS so fitting is no problem. I did have my mono serviced after 100,000 rounds just to be sure. Good Luck. George Miller

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I have owned a TMS, a TMX, a BT-99 and currently own a Ljutic ARS Mono Gun. I can say that the Ljutic is the best of the bunch. Even so, just because a gun is right for me doesn't mean it will be right for you.

All of them are good and you can't go wrong with any of them. In the end I think it comes down to personal choice.

I have a Ljutic for sale if you're interested.

11. cotrshooter

cotrshooter Member

I have shot then all. P guns, K guns L guns. the only one i haven't shot is a Kolar. Having said that i shoot a 90T (kolar) & 3200. Why? Little or no repairs needed. They are all good guns. But i think the remingtons are the best bang for the buck. Just my opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how does ljutic compare

ljutic vs remington 90t