1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Compare 682 Gold E Trap w/ Citori XT Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I'm looking for opinions and comparisons of the Beretta 682 Gold E Trap (30") O/U with the Browning XT Trap (30") O/U shotguns.

I currently own and shoot an XT Trap (30") with double release triggers for all my clay shooting activities. If I could change anything about the gun, I would make the barrels a little lighter to make it less muzzle heavy and I would make the forend wood slightly slimmer. The overall weight of about 8 pounds 9 ounces doesn't bother me, but when I add in the 10 ounces of lead I put in the buttstock to better balance the gun, it makes the total weight about 9.25 pounds which is a bit on the heavy side for my taste. Of course, weight is not so bad since it reduces the felt recoil, but a slightly lighter and livelier gun would be nice.

Anyway, just wanted some comparisons of the 682 Gold E Trap w/ adjustable comb to the XT Trap from those who have owned or shot a lot of both. BTW, if I get a 682 Gold E, I'll have to have release triggers installed. Thanks.

Easystreet

2. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I bought my XT combo for the exact reason you didn't like it. I thought the fore end on the Beretta was too small.

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Steve,

Good point. Thanks for the comment. Any other comments on balance, overall weight, or anything else? Thanks again.

Easystreet

4. trappug

trappug TS Member

Beretta hands down.I owned both,I love my 687 combo

5. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Easystreet,
    I added a 3" Brako recoil reducer to my stock. Cuts down on recoil but doesn't add weight to the barrel. I don't mind a lighter front end. The 34" barrel and extended Briley takes care of that.I never weighed them side by side. The Browning seemed a little heavier, but not much. When I switch to the over under, the extra pound doesn't seem to bother me either. Whatever you do, get adjustable everything and make sure it fits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.