1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Company that recycles empty hulls???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Several times I have read postings on here about a company that will install a container at your club, then come around and pick up the discarded empty hulls in it.

Can anyone out there give the name of the company, and contact information if you have it available.

Also, those of you who have dealt with this company, what is your opinion? Good experience or not?

I will be away from the computer until tomorrow night, but will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance. Jack

2. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Mash on URL above.

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

the last info i saw posted said they are those folks who have gotten bags to store the hulls have not been able to get them picked up. I have been waiting for over a month to get some of the bags. at this point, i would suggest you just forget about it for now. The company needs to get there act together. Great idea etc. just are not ready for the problems associated with the project.

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Thanks guys! Seems that opinions are mixed. Any positive experience? Jack

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Yes. The National Shooting Complex and San Antonio Gun Club had their shells picked up a couple of weeks ago. Ron

6. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

In North Jersey Gun Club, whatever company we deal with have sent a UPS truck to pick up 10 of those bags. That was the only time . We have not filled another 10 bags yet. I heard from management that the club gets so many points for those bags and we can redeem the points toward recycled products such as benches, tables and scorers seats.

7. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

There idea is turning into a bigger success from what ive been told so give the company a call and they will either be happy to help you or put u on a waiting list. I kmow there workimg on getting more bags out and picking up.

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Personally, I can't see how they can make money on this. Say you pick up 100k gun clubs on a big shoot. That's 2k dollars at 2cts a piece. One guy is not going to do this. It'll be at least two and and maybe three guys to get those picked up and sorted and boxed up for shipping. Once you figure your time and energy to transport you make less than minimum wage. What needs to be done is for these recyclers to hire a lobbyist to get the state government to add hulls to the recycle list. Only then will it be worth it. And if they want to hire a lobbyist they can contact me. Jim

9. GarrisonGreenLLC

GarrisonGreenLLC TS Member

For any of the folks wondering what we are doing with the hulls we recycle, we are not sorting and reselling them. We actually break them down and use the different materials for a variety of products. If you are interested in participating, please feel free to give us a call at 615-630-4590. We are glad to provide as many bags as needed to store the used hulls. Please take a look at our website www.garrisongreenllc.com . If you have any questions let us know. Andrew

10. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

andrew, i sent you a contract over a month ago. i am still wanting on our first shipment of bags to store the hull in. what is the holdup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.