1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Companion Tube Installation Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dzeh, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzeh

dzeh Member

I just bought a set of used 20 gauge Briley companion tubes for my 12 ga. Beretta o/u. Went to Briley's website to see if they had downloadable instructions for installing them in my gun but couldn't find anything. The tubes come with the knocker, extra chokes and wrench. Can anyone give me some help on how to install them? I see they are marked for top and bottom. Also I figure I need to have 12 ga. choke tubes in so the tubes don't rattle around. Which chokes should I have in? Many thanks in advance.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of .410 companion tubes and had all the same questions you have.

Just call them for the straight skinny.

The answers I got were:

Keep them clean. Lightly lube with Rem-oil or something before isntalling.

DON'T use those stainless steel tornado brushes to clean the inside of the tubes.

Brass or nylon brushes are OK. Bore snakes with brass brushes are OK.

Put the one marked top in the top barrel and the one marked bottom in the bottom barrel of your gun.

Best to install them with the barrel set removed from the receiver.

Slide them in and line the companion tube's ejectors with the ejectors on your gun. Seat with your thumb as far as you can get them in, then pound them in flush with a plastic hammer.

Doesn't matter which choke tube you have in your gun's 12 gauge barrel. They don't need to be touching.

3. dzeh

dzeh Member

Thanks for the info on installation. How about uninstalling them. How do you use that "knocker" that comes with them? Thanks!

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have to screw the skeet choke tubes in my twelve gauge barrel for the tubes to fit. I never tried to get them in with a IC but they definitely won't go in with with full choke chokes. I love shooting the 410 tubes in my 686. I have averaged higher scores with the tubes than with a 410 O/U when shooting skeet. Oh, and no I didn't wear a TUTU. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley companion install

briley companion tubes instructions

briley companion tubes which choke should i have in the gun at install
installing briley companion tubes