1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Companion Tube HELP needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BabyB, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

Purchased a Browning Citori off of this forum a few years ago, the gun has fixed chokes, 30 inch barrels and came with a set of 20 gauge Briley Companion tubes. Just finally got around to trying out the tube set, installed both tubes and then when ready to take them out realized they were an inch or more short and the knocker isn't long enough to knock out the tubes. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Wooden dowel with diameter of you bore. JM

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

BabyB, Just use a Wood Dowel same size as tube dia. It should knock rite out. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

4. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

That is a great idea - will give that a try. Any idea as to why someone would have tubes that much shorter than the barrels.

Thanks again for the idea

5. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Couple thing's come to mind..I have set that to is short from end ...bought that way to reduce the weight.. Vrs.. full lenght weight. These Companion tubes were designed to fit most anything. With that thought in Mind. The reasoning was to Buy Short..So could be used even in 26" barrels on other gun. Would of looked a little Funny with 30" or 32" tubes sticking out the End of 26" or 28" barrel gun. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I use a 1/2 inch dowel with a 28 ga. hull slipped over it, when in a pinch. Ron

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

Companion tubes are made to fit many guns so they're not an exact fit to any gun. On Brownings they run about a 1/2 inch short. On Beretta they'll extend slightly longer than the barrel. The tubes will work just fine with your gun and if you got the power knocker that should have came with the tubes it will work to remove them although a dowel works just as good. There will be residue at the end of the barrel since they are not flush with the end. The tubes work well, its just that they are not a perfect fit.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My 20 gauge early model Krieghoff tubes were about 5" shorter than the barrel.. They said the early model Krieghoff barrels were so tight..they needed to make them that short for safety reasons..(the wall thickness of the tubes).. They worked perfectly.. and gave me a long black plastic tube necker..to use with a hammer to remove those tubes.. Worked perfect.. just looked funny..

9. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I had some Sidekicks converted into Companion tubes. The three section knock out rod that comes with the Sidekicks works great for knocking out Companion tubes, especially if you are using a set that is quite a bit shorter than the barrel. The folks are Briley are really great to work with and I am sure if you call them us they would sell you one of the knock out rods by itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.