1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Compact Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Go Fish, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

I am interested in purchasing a compact digital camera. Have no which one to buy. Am not looking to spend a lot of $. I have a Digital SLR Nikon but want to have a small back-up camera. Any preferences or advice?

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use a Nikon Coolpix - 10mp $99... how do you beat that?!

Regards,

Jay

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Sanyo S 120, 12.1mp. 3x optical zoom $75 at Walmart.

Eric

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Cannon power shot is also a very good camera, that is a point and shoot in the $130 range. Break-em all. Jeff

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My wife and I both have a Nikon Coolpix L20 and like them. The display is larger than most. The only complaint I have is that it is hard to see the display in strong light. My daughter-in-law has a Canon Shur-Shot and likes it. I think it would be hard to go wrong with a mainline brand like Nikon, Canon, or Olympus.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If you can still find a Canon G10 (not 9 or 11) there's nothing even close in any way.

Neil

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Canon SD Series. Have mine about four years and it does well. One drawback is the proprietary battery. I buy aftermarket copies for less than $5 each and they work about as well as the originals. Batteries last a pretty long time. Just which model to buy will depend on what features you want and how much you are willing to spend.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I vote for the Nikon Coolpix. Found one at Office Depot on sale for $89.00.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I used to go Canon, I have 2 kids, oldest has Nikon SLR 80 with lenses. She also has B&W Minolta, manual + .Younger has a SD200 8 years, back pockets it, climbs dunks, water cant kill it. The other has had 3 top end Canon P&S, they dont last,sent in repair,only good for 30 days she is artist.
    Last year went with Panasonic 28-320 or 380 I think, for her superb pictures, says same quality almost as Nikon 80. Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

compact digital camera with threads