1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

comp n choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cal_1, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cal_1

cal_1 TS Member

Does anyone use the Comp N Choke choke and do you like them?

2. rando

rando TS Member

I just bought a set of 4 full imp mod. mod. light mod. They work great I pattern at 30 yds. and 40 yds. They all held nice groupings within the 30in. kill zone,and were noticeable tighter than corresponding inv.plus tubes that I replaced . I went to the range and put them to use today and was very impressed was breaking the birds very well from 27yd with a mod. choke the full just ground em I shoot a win ENERGY SLECT 30" BARREL randy

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

They pattern well but no better than a choke from Briley orVendel or Trulock or... which are less expensive and significantly easier to clean.

They look trick and that's what sells them. Twenty-five shots of AA target loads through a Comp IM and 25 through a Vendel IM parallel to the ground over grass on the same day showed that there was no meaningful difference in the distribution of wad travel between the two chokes.

MK

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

MK, try that same test only use a .35 full comp n choke. I think you will find the fuller choke does indeed slow the wad, at least that's the way it worked for me........does that improve the pattern? I don't know, but my comp n choke in .35 constriction does throw a beautiful pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.