1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comp N Choke?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jackv, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackv

Jackv TS Member

Is this choke acceptable to shoot out of a BT-99 for trap, if the choke were improved modified with a .025 constriction. It is a Comp N Choke Screw in.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

That choke will patten tighter than improved modified - .30 constriction. Apparently a lot of people like Comp-n-chokes, but I didn't for one reason. Shoot one round with them and the end of your gun looks like you stuck it in a pile of dirt. I sold mine and got Pure Gold extended chokes.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I use a .35 Comp-n-choke in my BT-99. I have patterned it & it produces a beautiful pattern. I really like mine but they certainly are a pure pain in the ass to clean! It takes me as long to clean that one choke as it does to completely clean my gun, even after allowing it to soak in Slip 2000 for several hours.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Takes 5 minutes to clean 'em with Hoppe's Elite cleaner and a 10ga nylon bore brush mounted on a 10" Dewey chamber rod. Never an issue!

AndyH ;-)

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

..which is hard to do in the middle of an event when your white front bead has totally disappeared.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Do you break many targets looking at your white front bead? If one is concerned about how a choke looks maybe a flush or non ported would be your best choice. But the Comp N Choke tubes pattern with the best of the best. Clean up is no problem if you put slip 2000 in a jar and let them soak overnight. It is that simple.

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

You CAN wipe off your bead between shots......that's not against the rules!

AndyH ;-)

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Or black it out completely with a magic marker.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have never had any one complain on Comp-n-Chokes more than any othe extended ported tubes. I have sold quite a few and no complaints.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
comp choke
comp n choke improved modified

comp n choke trap shooting

comp-n-choke
comp-n-chokes
how to keep comp n chokes clean