1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comp-N-Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hunter44, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I purchased 25 & 35 Comp-N-Choke tubes & have been very satisfied with the patterns & breaks from them. They do as advertised & slow the wad allowing for a superior pattern, at least in my experience.

Problem is they are the biggest pain in the ass to clean that I have ever experienced. Does anyone have a secret method or cleaning substance that will speed the cleaning process?

2. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Slip2000 click url above. 10Tenner

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Slip is the way to go!

4. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I've got a large pill bottle filled with WD40. When I get home, I drop it in and screw the lid on. Before I go to shoot the next time, I wipe it down with a rag and run a brush through the inside, wiping again and I'm done. Both of mine look like new.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

how are these chokes performance wise?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mac they are the best, period!

ec90t

7. billn

billn Member

I put a thin layer of choke grease on them before I use them, this seems to clean easier when cleaning them. Also, I spray gun scrubber on them before I clean them. Comes off easy.

8. jls7522

jls7522 Member

Another nod to Slip2000, just bought another gallon myself. Smells like oranges. Seems to be water based, so it wipes off very easily. They claim 15 minute clean, but I still soak overnight. They just wipe off.

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help......I'll certainly give Slip2000 a try. Anything that will help get the plastic strips out of the horizontal grooves will be welcome! These chokes do work well & I guess that is one of the reasons that they can be difficult to keep clean.

10. Kevin525

Kevin525 TS Member

Gum out works good

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I bought LM-MOD-IM for the Kolar about 3 weeks ago. I like them and thank goodness I have the Slip to clean them.

FRedmon

12. billn

billn Member

I have three black Comp-n-chokes for sale, F, IM , M if anyone is interested.

13. Kolarmaxx

Kolarmaxx TS Member

Great tubes and they are a pain. They create plastic buildup all over the front of my high rib. I run a roge brush thru the barrel and then I use a stainless cleaning brush (looks like a stainless tooth brush) and brush the outside of the choke. The bristles get into the grooves and clean out the little plastic slivers that build up in the ports. It also eliminates the buildup on the outside of the tube. No chemicals and they are spotless. Don't even have to take them out of the gun. Just be careful around the end of the barrel with the stainless brush. It will scratch the blue. 2 years of doing it and no slips and no chemicals. Chris

14. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

hunter - this is simple and quick - before you start your first round spray down the barrel Break-Free and the outside of the chokes. Before you start your last round, do the same. When you get home put them into the dishwasher. Really, that's it.

15. agbubba

agbubba TS Member

A short cleaning rod (4-8") with a bronze brust in a cordless drill works well in the tube and in the ports (slso works in ported barrels). With current bronze cleaning brushes the brush may "unscrew" from the base so I "pin" the brush with a 1/16" roll pin an no more "unscrewing". Hope this helps; it made my cleaning job much quicker and more thorough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.