1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comp n choke pattern question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A friend of mine bought a used Beretta Sport. A full set of Comp n Chokes came with it. I helped him set up his gun on the pattern board. I noticed the Comp n chokes were tighter than the Optima chokes as marked. Then we checked the constrictions on the Optima chokes. IC was only .007, and Mod was .015. On the Comp n Choke, IC was a true .010, and Mod was a true .020. Both chokes threw even patterns.

2. JTEA

JTEA Member

You're looking for Wright choke tubes. He sells tubes with a more balanced annular ring - $55. Many tubes have a dense core and fewer pellets in the outer ring.

http://www.wrightsgunsmiths.com/Wrightschokes.htm

Clearview products made tubes and used to put out a good book. Not sure if they're around anymore. They had a pattern paper 30 feet long towed behind a truck to demonstrate shot, pattern travel in real use.

I used some Comp-N-Chokes in my last gun. They shot well, and had a more even pattern than "factory" tubes. You will want a much more open constriction with the Comp-N-C for the same pattern.

JT

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

My dad used Comp n chokes in his Kolar. He liked them a lot and swears by them. From the 16 yard line he used the .015 constriction (LM).
    He has .015 (LM)for sale for the Kolar 750 bore for $35 shipped to the lower 48 if anyone is interested in like new condition.

4. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

TinMan, I haven't owned them all, but close to it. I have a I.Mod. compnchoke that I use for wobble and it will consistently break'em on the second shot at 60yds.+- with 1 oz. 7 1/2's @ 1300fps. It will really reach out and get them. Zero carbon build-up on the choke tube entrance and they stay tight. We were shooting wobble from the 27 yesterday and it was taking them. More than satisfied, and I have had Baldwin's and most of the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
comp n choke for sale

comp n choke patterns

comp n choke shotgun chokes
comp n choke thread pattern
comp n choke tube patterns
comp n choke tubes for sale
comp-n-chokes
compnchokereviews