Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comp n Choke Opinions?

6K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  al391claybuster 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
Thanks.

#5 ·
I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

#6 ·
I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

#22 ·
When I use the CnC chokes, I put a light coat of oil, or tube grease on them after cleaning them. After shooting, I spray them with cleaner, wait a few minutes, and clean with an old tooth brush, the stuff comes off easy. I have two sets, one for Browning and one for Beretta, have good patterns with all that I have shot.

#23 ·
I had a pair of skeet chokes from them and they just crushed targets, even from the 16 yard line when I wasn't shooting skeet. Keep in mind that the companies claim is that they actually shoot tighter than most other chokes in the same constriction...Yes, the do become very dirty quickly, but as someone else has posted, with a light coat of oil before shooting them they clean up farily easily. I would recommend them to you if you want a good choke...Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.