1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comp n Choke Opinions?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skarloey, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
    Thanks.

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Go with Briley - basic extended chokes (not ported); CompNChokes are, no doubt, good - perhaps as good as Briley, but the porting on them adds no value and requires extra cleaning effort. Best Regards, Ed

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I have both Comp-N-Chokes and Pure Gold ported chokes and they both throw excellent patterns. The PGs get my nod overall.
    AndyH

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

I got a set of comp-n-chokes and gave them away. They were the worst chokes I have ever seen. The patterns were terrible.

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

My Comp-N-Chokes produce great patterns, very happy with them. I use .25 for singles & .35 for caps. If anyone else is giving them away I would gladly take them.

7. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I use comp-n-chokes for hunting and competition and really like them. However, they are hard to clean. For other non ported chokes, I use Briley (competition and hunting) and Trulock (hunting) and have excellent results with both.

8. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

The chokes seem to be tighter than factory tubes, they are hard to clean. This may not be good for every one a little 87 octane gas in a metal can for about a hour and compressed air clean them like new

9. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

My vote is Comp-N-Chokes. yes harder to clean.........but I see tighter patterns in my 687II........

10. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
    Thanks.

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Go with Briley - basic extended chokes (not ported); CompNChokes are, no doubt, good - perhaps as good as Briley, but the porting on them adds no value and requires extra cleaning effort. Best Regards, Ed

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

13. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I have both Comp-N-Chokes and Pure Gold ported chokes and they both throw excellent patterns. The PGs get my nod overall.
    AndyH

14. oletymer

oletymer Member

I got a set of comp-n-chokes and gave them away. They were the worst chokes I have ever seen. The patterns were terrible.

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

My Comp-N-Chokes produce great patterns, very happy with them. I use .25 for singles & .35 for caps. If anyone else is giving them away I would gladly take them.

16. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I use comp-n-chokes for hunting and competition and really like them. However, they are hard to clean. For other non ported chokes, I use Briley (competition and hunting) and Trulock (hunting) and have excellent results with both.

17. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

The chokes seem to be tighter than factory tubes, they are hard to clean. This may not be good for every one a little 87 octane gas in a metal can for about a hour and compressed air clean them like new

18. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

My vote is Comp-N-Chokes. yes harder to clean.........but I see tighter patterns in my 687II........

19. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I let my comp-n-chokes soak in mineral spirits and kerosene overnight and just wupe off the crud with a paper towel the following day. works for me. jm

20. Shootsandbagger

Shootsandbagger TS Member

I called Charley and had him make a complete set of chokes for my Kolar that were non-ported and I love them. They are no harder to clean than anyother choke tube. He also made me a tube wrench to help remove and tighten the tube.Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comp n choke tubes

comp n chokes chokes revue