1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COMP-COIL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

It's a very simple, non adjustable, short cylinder spring reducer for auto loaders.

Ken Rucker

2. rclick

rclick TS Member

I have one of these on my 1187 trap. It came already installed so I don't know how much it really dampens recoil. It is adjustable by tightening the nut which puts the compression on the spring. All I know is I can now shoot 3 dram 1 1/8 oz loads and not be bothered with a sore shoulder.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Not especially well.....it is designed for guns that already have reduced recoil...gas operated semi autos. The spring is too weak for a break gun....
    it will bottom out the instant you fire and you'll still get smacked.

Ken

4. rclick

rclick TS Member

Tell the guy who has the SS BT100 for sale here that a comp coil only works on automatics!! They are adjustable as to the amount of flex you would like. I would put one on any gun I owned.

5. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

My sons KS5 has a counter coil? It's made by Danuser. It's effective and not too high priced. If the cylinder ever goes bad, they'll shoot you a replacement very quickly for about 50 bucks. The cylinder failed on his after about 8 years and allot of shells. Good Product!
    Dan King

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I'm not sure, but this BT-99 on gunbroker.com looks like it has one on it.

-Jollytrapshooter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.