1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Commissioned artwork: pets, people, wildlife/trap

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by recurvyarcher, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Active Member

0   0   0

I have started an art studio after having been laid off. If the artwork takes off, I will become a regular advertiser here, but most of you know that I am a trapshooter. I have sold some artwork from my facebook page, and it looks like this might work for Martin and me. I sold some work when I was younger, so this is not a completely new adventure.

I can do pencil, charcoal, and pastel sketches. I can also do oil, acrylic, watercolor, or pastel paintings for you. I will post pictures of some of the ones that I have recently completed, some commissioned by trapshooters.

If you have a dog, horse, cat that is special to you, I can offer you a piece of custom art that will last a lifetime. If you have a parent, child, or other family member that you would like to remember on your living room wall, or give as a gift, that is also something that I can create for you. If you want a cool trapshooting trophy or rememberance, I can also do that. Or a special hunting moment.

I can also capture your home, barn, or special scenery.

These make great birthday, Christmas, or wedding presents (yes, I can do a bride and groom).

I can send the artwork itself, or I can also custom mat and frame it for you, too.

Please consider contacting me if you have ever thought about having a special painting or sketch done. Get it done while I am a poor, starving artist. LOL!! Pricing is pretty good right now. :)
  2. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

[​IMG]

This is a trapshooter's Yorkie, in watercolor. I just completed this today. This shooter is a regular poster on here, and will hopefully tell you what s/he thinks about the art.
  3. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

This is a pen and ink drawing that I completed last month. It is framed and for sale.

[​IMG]
  4. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

This is an oil pastel painting that was completed a few days ago. It is a birthday present and is going into the dog owner's private collection.
    [​IMG]
  5. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

This is a watercolor that was done for a private collection.
    [​IMG]
  6. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Barn scenery for a private collection: (fine art prints available for sale)
    [​IMG]

Horse for a private collection (fine art prints available for sale):
    [​IMG]

Another horse for a private collection (fine art prints available for sale):

[​IMG]

Pennsylvania back road for a birthday present (fine art prints available for sale):

[​IMG]
  7. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

There are more, but I think that this gives you a pretty good feel for the things that I can do. Please contact me at my email address above if you would like to commission a piece of art. In most cases, the price will be below $100, unless it is an oil or acrylic painting, is very large, or requires a lot of detail. Matting, framing, shipping not included.

Thanks.
  8. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Forgot to include a pencil sketch. This one is for sale. Sorry for the shadow...it's me taking a pic with the cell phone.

[​IMG]
  9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

0   0   0

Devi, VERY GOOD,you have a lot of talent. Joe
  10. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Thanks, Joe. I appreciate your comment.
  11. yvonne

yvonne Active Member

0   0   0

DEVI! GF! If I send one of my fav pics can you take the wrinkles out of the picture and make me look young again? I'm serious!
  12. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Yes, of course I can. That is our perogative. LOL! Send me an email with the pic that you like, and I we'll start from there.
  13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

0   0   0

Devi of many talents, very nice work. BTW Yvonne is still a young girl :)
  14. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Here is an impressionist acrylic painting. It is being donated to the KTA for the silent auction at the state shoot. Thought that I should put a trapshooting pic up here. This one is entitled "Doubles", and is a guy catching 2 spent shells (notice right hand up in the upper left hand corner).

Art prints are available.

[​IMG]
  15. eperry

eperry Member

0   0   0

Your work is beautiful. Approximately how long does it take for a watercolor, and can you give an estimate of cost? Thanks.
  16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

0   0   0

Musketman, years ago I had a Brittany that got into some rye by mistake as a pup. I always wondered if that's what made him so foolish. Trapper was a fun guy.
  17. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Eperry, an 8" x 10" watercolor is usually around $55 or $60 unframed. The price can change depending on if it is larger or smaller, or if you have me custom mat and frame it. If I think that the prints will sell, I also consider reducing the price a bit.

Also, for volume orders, such as a series, I consider that and give a package price. I do the same for multiple gift orders of the same drawing or painting. Right now, I am doing 3 drawings of one of ts.com's trapshooter's mother, and he got volume pricing for that. They are the same drawing, but they are all 3 pencil sketches...so they won't be exactly the same, but it is easier for me to do the subsequent ones because I have the shading and construction worked out.

Also, if you are putting on a state shoot or a club shoot and you need trophies, I will work with you on pricing, since I am a trapshooter myself and would like to give back to the sport when I can.

Thanks for asking!
  18. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Musketman, thank you for your post. :) Your dogs were SO CUTE, that I just HAD to paint them!
  19. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

"Mallard in a Pond". 8 x 10 original watercolor painting. Close up.

[​IMG]

Detail:

[​IMG]

Double matted and framed will make the whole piece an 11 x 14:

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.