1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Commision Fee ?.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by philip austin, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

If someone would want to act for a commision fee as a agent to buy simple incidental shooting items or accessories on the web in America. What would be a fair commision fee etc.?. Thank you.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do not know. But, I would feel a little uneasy purchasing things using my Pay Pal account and then sending them to another person. Phillip, why don't you directly purchase them?

Pat Ireland

3. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Thank you Pat. My hyperthetical question could relate to the following situation etc. If someone in the UK who is a licenced shotgun certificate holder saw a incidental item like a set of secondhand choke tubes on g/broker or g/america and was to commision someone to act on their behalf as agent to bid/buy that item for them what would be a fair commision fee for the agent to receive on top of the purchase price. Thank you.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phillip- I do not want to come across as an overly suspicious person, but I simply fail to understand why the person in the UK would not directly purchase the item. I think things like choke tubs could be sent to anyplace in the world.

How about this deal- Abdul will pay you a 25% commission to buy a set of choke tubes for him. You buy the tubes and send them to PO Box 1234 Cairo Egypt. Abdul will send you the purchase price plus 25% after he receives the tubes? Does not sound good to me.

Pat Ireland

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Philip Austin- I think you are making things harder on yourself than what is necessary. E-bay puchases can be shipped (normally) worldwide. Why would you want to have someone else get involved for an additional fee? Just curious since you asked.

JB-Jerry Beach 8503917

6. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Thank you Pat and Jerry. I suppose in this day and age it is hard to establish a workable arrangement between two people when they are strangers to each other etc. Over here in the UK there is only a very small amount of incidental shooting items and accessories ofered on the limited amount of websites etc. The UK is a very small piece of land in the middle of the North Sea when compaired with the large expanse and size of the US etc, so your population ratio of sportsmen/women who offer scondhand shooting and fishing items on your US websites is vast in comparison. It is not possible to access many of the US sporting websites to email a seller leave alone place a bid for any incidental items or accessories, being an eternal optimist one lives in hope that there is some solid reliable sportsman/woman in the US who would like to have a reciprocal and mutual arrangement with a sportsman in the UK just to help each other etc. Thanks and kind regards. Philip.

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry Phillip, I must be a little dense. You can access this site with no problem, but not the other sites? HMMMMMMMMMM.

8. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Thank you Shotshell. I found some choke tubes on gb.com ending tomorrow, and I am not geared-up to be able to register with gb.com in time etc., gb.com require a US address and US bank card details and I only have PayPal.com or cash in dollars etc. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpfull. Kind regards Philip.

9. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Thanks for the interest Pat, it is very straight forward and simple realy, it is only a set of Briley Remchokes on gb.com item number 90838775 with 10 hours to go, and willing to bid $160.00 or more ? etc. Regards Philip

10. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Seminole Gun works ship tubes world wide. They will take credit cards.Frank

11. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Thank you Pat and Frank for your replies. The set of choke tubes that I am looking for is the full set of 6 Briley Sporting Clays Remington C/tubes, Imp. through to Full. Kind regards to you all. Philip.

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pat,

I see no reason to insult the guy by insinuating he is a scam artist by using your Abdul in Cairo comparison. I don't think I saw where he was asking anyone to send him anything prior to their receiving payment. You owe him an apology.

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

JBrooks,

Good Lord go reread Pat's post. He wasn't calling Phillip Abdul. He was just using the name for reference. Kinda like all thase Nigerian prince scams/spam's that are sent through out the world.

The one that owes the apology would be you. There are entirely way too many oversensative, politicaly correct people in the world today.

ec90t
    Eric Collins

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

No Eric, it is you who needs better reading comprehension skills. My reference was to the scam comparison, not the religion or race of the individual in Pat's example. Pat was saying that Phillip's request was akin to a scam not that Phillip was like a Muslim or Egyptian.

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

Brooks- It was my intent to inform others that something sounds unusual to me in this thread. If I did offend anyone, including you, I do apologize. If I read something into the posts by Phillip, I would be pleased to serve as his agent without requesting a commission. I would require that he send me funds in advance. From his polite posts, I would believe this would not be possible.

Pat Ireland

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

"im," Pat.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.