1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Commiefornia ammo rationing PASSED committee

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The vote was Demos vs Repubs...<br>
    MEASURE: AB 2062<br>
    AUTHOR: De Leon<br>
    TOPIC: Ammunition.<br>
    DATE: 06/17/2008<br>
    MOTION: Do pass as amended, and re-refer to the Committee on Appropriations.<br>
    (AYES 3. NOES 2.) (PASS)<br>
    <br>
    AYES<br>
    ****<br>
    <br>
    Romero Cedillo Perata<br>
    <br>
    NOES<br>
    ****<br>
    <br>
    Margett Cogdill<br>
    <br>
    Notice the names of the Ayes.....<br>
    <br>
    NOW is the time to contact your senator and tell them to oppose the bill !!!!!<br>
    <br>
    ----------------------------------------------<br>
    <br>
    California ammo rationing bill - 50 rounds a month<br>
    Subject: California Senate to Consider Sweeping Restrictions on Ammunition Sales!<br> From the NRA<br>
    <br>
    California Senate to Consider Sweeping Restrictions on Ammunition Sales! Please Contact the Members of the Senate Public Safety Committee Today!<br>
    <br>
    Assembly Bill 2062, sponsored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), is scheduled to be considered by the Senate Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, June 17.<br>
    <br>
    AB2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.<br>
    <br>
    Please contact the members of the Senate Public Safety Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms. Contact information can be found below.<br>
    <br>
    State Senator Gloria Romero, Chair<br>
    <br>
    Phone: (916) 651-4024 Fax: (916) 445-0485<br>
    <br>
    senator.romero@sen.ca.gov<br>
    <br>
    State Senator Bob Margett, Vice Chair<br>
    <br>
    Phone: (916) 651-4029 Fax: (916) 324-0922<br>
    <br>
    State Senator Gilbert Cedillo<br>
    <br>
    Phone: (916) 651-4022 Fax: (916) 327-8817<br>
    <br>
    State Senator Dave Cogdill Phone: (916) 651-4014 Fax: (916) 327-3523<br>
    <br>
    State Senator Don Perata Phone: (916) 651-4009 Fax: (916) 327-1997<br>

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Do they seem to think you can't kill someone with just 1 bullet? What is the point of this law? Just to piss people off? Cause you know one of those "trap shooters" could go on a shooting rampage with his single-shot trap gun...All this law is going to be is a hassle to lawful gun owners and gun stores. I've always said we need to drop explosives down the San Andres fault and blow California off the face of the Earth...but that would be a little too drastic I think...JMO, Josh.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Can't you guys spell anything right? It's "Demoncraps".

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

And I thought that New Jersey was bad.

Ed Yanchok

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

So what about the folks that reload their own? Might have to register reloading equipment as dangerous items and register all persons that buy them and or reloading components...

Where will it all end?

Good luck and stock up now.

John

6. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Below is an e-mail I received from the Governator in regards to my letter I wrote him weeks ago:

Thank you for writing me about AB 2062. I appreciate your suggestions on proposed legislation affecting our state.

I generally do not take a position on legislation until a bill has reached my desk because it can change significantly from the time it is introduced until the time it is finalized. For the current session, the California Legislature has until August 31, 2008 to pass legislation, and I have until September 30, 2008 to sign or veto proposed bills.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill under consideration by lawmakers at the Official California Legislative website: www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read my legislative messages at www.gov.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government in our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

Although it is still a pain the bill is for handgun ammo. It does not include shot shells or rifle ammo.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

yet....

9. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Who cares, we need to stop this, or you will only be shooting 50 targets a month, boy would that be good for our sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.