1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial Patterning Board

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hank Cross, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Does anyone know the manufacturer of a steel patterning board with targets that unroll for each use? I saw one at a club a couple of years ago and would like to donate one to our local club.

Thanks,

Hank Cross

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I didn't know anyone made a commercial pattern board.

Is this true?

Hauxfan!

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hauxfan, a buddy and I built one of those years back. He owns an ornamental fabrication business in Ca. and we built it together one weekend. It uses the widest news-print leftover rolls winding from one spindle from top to one at the bottom. That allowed us to save all our patterns to re-check numbers later. We built this one to operate manually by winding a new sheet in place. We also came up with an idea for one that operated on a 12 volt system to wind a new sheet into proper place by remote control. There wasn't much enthusiasm for potential sales for such an expensive "pattern board", we didn't continue the project. Getting the news print re-worked with a color dot in the correct position was way to expensive for sales also. We used a can of black paint for an aiming dot on the manual machine we did use. Worked great and we shot a LOT of patterns testing different loads, wads and shot sizes. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.