1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Ventriloquist release system?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bopper, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Has anyone used a Ventriloquist release system? Just curious what you thought. I was thinking it would be great for skeet practice with no distractions. Thanks, Bob

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It works pretty well. It's too easy to neglect a switch and drain the 9v's, and the clip on the back weakens so it falls off your belt sometimes, but those are minor irritations compared to what you get: a good, reliable system which often means you won't have to wait for a puller who may or may not ever show up.

Of the two callers I have, one is a little weak from the 27, missing a call once or thrice a round; the other never skips a beat and hasn't for years.

The ERAD system (searchable here many places) is great for trap - way longer range and far more noise -immune, no batteries, but I find the user interface so complicated I wouldn't even attempt it for skeet. If you are willing to spend just a little time learning it you might like it as well for skeet, but the Ventriloquist is a darn good product as well.

Neil

3. tj303

tj303 Member

Also look at Clay Delay. I have been very happy with mine. Costs less too! Tony J http://www.claydelay.com/

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I have a wireless Ventriloquist release for trap that I bought used on this site.

It works great and has taken a beating.

Just be sure to turn the switches off when not using, as Neil mentioned.
    I call them senior moments.

ed.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

CHII, the one that works was bought from Ron Baker and - you guess it - he'd changed the antenna. There's a pattern here . . .

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.