1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on P/W auto shell feed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chris g, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris g

chris g TS Member

Anybody have any experience, pros and cons, with the Ponsness Warren auto shell feed system? Thanks in advance.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I like mine.

I agree a spare return spring is a necessity. My first one broke after 10-15,000 rounds. I went to Home Depot and got one - it only lasted 5-7,000 rounds. Got replacements from Whiz White and I am hoping they will be better than the HD product - so far- so good.

I get about 500 rounds per hour without the hydraulic unit.

Don

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Hull feeder on a 800+ is the best thing since popcorn. Sure make reloading eaiser.
    Sonny Daniels

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

alf174, I used to have the same problem. Drove me crazy till I figured it out. Hulls stuck in the whell and sometimes stuck at the switch and another would get stuck above it. My problem was the cover and switch weren't aligned with the drop tube. I had to stand above and look down to see it. The hulls would get stuck between the side of the switch lever and cover. It was like the hull wasn't heavy enough to trip the lever. I put slots in the cover to move it over and I bent the switch lever to be straight up and down centered with the drop tube. I also bent the lever to put a radius in it. That is hard to explain easily. It hasn't jammed up since I made the correction and I couldn't be happier with it. I used to think that two hulls were coming down to close to the same time also but that was no the case.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

How much room would I need to the right of my 2000 to install a hull feeder?

Pat Ireland

6. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Pat,
    Immediatly to the right of the base you only need about 8" but up above that you need about 3' for the hopper to the right of the shot and powder hoppers.
    Sonny Daniels

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sonny- You stated about 3 feet. I have exactly 23 inches to the right of the shot/powder hoppers (new style large hoppers). Is that about 3 feet?

Pat Ireland

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Anyone have a pic they might post of the hull feeder set up? Thanks. Hap

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Pat, the right edge of the hull feeder hopper extends 21 inches from the right edge of the base of my 2000. That hopper is 39 inches above the bench. There is a lot of empty space under the hopper. 28 inches from the edge of the powder hopper to the outer edge of the hull feeder hopper. The hull feeder hopper is really bigger than it needs to be.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Hairy! Hap

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

21 inches from the right edge of the picture to the base of the loader.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Thanks Jerry, I do not have room. I have a hydraulic PW 2000 and the shell feeder would not speed things up but since they are now on sale I thought it might be fun to tinker with one. I will have to wait for a model with a mini shell hopper.

Pat Ireland

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Pat: The sale ends end of the month, BUT the new price will only be $299.95 (up only $10). I thank P/W for not raising prices much.

Whiz<BR>
    P/W Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.