1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on O/U with adj. rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chiefjon, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

On another thread there was some speculation that a new XT with an adj. rib might be in the works. It got me to wondering about the effectiveness and usefulness of the adj. rib on the O/U. I know Perazzi makes one and I have seen photos of O/Us with moneymaker ribs. I thought it would be good to hear from any of you that own such a gun. I presume you adj. the rib to a POI for the bottom barrel...but I would like to hear your experience. Thanks for any comments.

JON

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would think that w/ out a barrel hanger system (ala krieghoff and kolar) the adjustable rib feature on an o/u would be wasted, because w/ out being able to adjust the POI of the bottom barrel, its always going to shoot in the same spot relative to the top barrel (in other words, if the bottom barrel shoots 4" higher than the top, no matter what you do w/ the rib, the bottom barrel is always going to shoot 4" higher than the top). W/ hangers, you set the bottom bbl poi w/ the hanger, and the top w/ the rib.

3. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

It looks to me like the XT barrel regulation would be the same as if you had a non-adjustable rib. In other words the difference in poi between the upper and lower barrels on any given XT would be the same no matter what rib you use.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you are going to use the gun for doubles, and you trap the first bird, then an adjustable rib to set the POI for the top barrel would be useful. HMB

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.