1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COMMENTS ON CAESAR GUERINI

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anybody have anything to recommend about the trap models.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Joe- I have a CG Summit unsingle 34" that I have been shooting for about 4 months. I probably have about 2500 rounds through it. So far I love it. It is the softest shooting single barrel I have ever shot. The rib is easily adjusted for POI ( mine is about 70/30), and the adjustable comb is very good quality with plenty of range. I usually shoot a full choke at hndp, imp.mod for singles, and I bought an extra full for long games. The wood is WAY above average, and the trigger is nice and crisp, no creep, and fully adjustable for length. I also like the palm swell and shape of forearm. Checkering is sharp and good looking. It looks and points alot like a Perazzi MX2000. I am very impressed with this gun, and if it holds up to the rigors of year round shooting, I think it it a winner. Bought mine at Indiana Gun Club. Good selection and easy to do business with. Regards, Dan

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Thankyou Dan,Much appreciated.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I can recomend them. Probably the best value for the money. Oh their guarantied for life. The only complaint i might make is that the factory trigger doesent break like a Perazzi or Krieghoff but since they cost about half as much you can always pay and have it fixed if it bothers you.
    Joe goldberg

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I shot a trap version for the first time last night, I'd shot sporting versions previously and liked them. I'm impressed with it overall, it feels light but the recoil was not bad at least with my loads and it crushed targets very well. The rib was easy to adjust and seems to have plenty of adjustment room. I like the stock and the triggers are above average. The only downside I noticed was that the trigger is not selectable, this one shoots the bottom barrel first only. Some folks have expressed doubt about the longevity but I know a few sporting clays shooters that have been shooting theirs for a couple of years and are still happy. Funny that the Cynergy is touted so highly here but has not been in use as long as the Guerini guns.

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Trap 34 unsingle comming. Long story.
    What little time I had to shoot the gun as a Demo it was good enough for me to buy one. When I get the gun early next week I'll let you know how I like it after I set it up for me.

7. ink ball

ink ball Member

I've been very pleased with my Magnus trap combo. Would definitely recommend this gun. Soft shooter, lot of adjustability, lots of quality. Customer service appears to be top notch, as well.

8. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

I have one for sale, A 32" O/U, with a release/pull trigger, and counter coil. price $3500 firm. I love the way this gun shoots, the only reason I am selling it, is that I bought a new Caesar combo. I will have it at the Maryland State shoot this weekend, if anyone is interested. Phone 516-446-2482.

George Olsen

9. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My wife has been shooting the Summit Combo since last years Grand. She is doing well and the only thing that has given me problems is the chokes rusting in place. I was using Rem Oil to lube them but have changed to never seeze. Hope this cures the problem. Other than that it has been a great gun and many folks has shown interest in it. We purchased ours from Bob Schultz, good guy to do busniess with. Jake

11. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Joe,

I have a Summit combo 34/32. I like the gun a lot. Singles scores are fine in the high 90's. Still fine tuning the set up to improve my handicap scores.

I shot my highest score ever in doubles at the PA State shoot (96) and won my class so I'll leave the rib just where it is on the OU barrels.

I used to shoot a BT-99 for singles and caps; Ultra XT for doubles. I like shooting off the same frame with the unsingle and OU barrels.

Gun is easy to adjust and recoil is tame. I would recommend it.

Dr. Honk

12. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Any recommendations on which dealer to contact - price and good buying experience - on Guerini? Best Regards, Ed

13. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

big tuna bosco has been selling them as well as john dahl. dwain

14. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I bought mine through Cabelas in Hamburg, PA.

15. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

A good friend of mine just bought a slightly used Caesar Summit and loves it. Scores have jumped up. Hard hitting. People complain about cheek slap because the gun is lite but he has no problem with his. He's shooting 3/4oz and/or 7/8 oz loads. Dave T.

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Steve at Indiana Gun Club.

17. ink ball

ink ball Member

Got mine from Hi-Grade Shooters in Irwin, PA. Very nice people to deal with, and the price was very reasonable as compared to others that I've seen.

18. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Barts Sports world in Glen Burnie MD he usually has them in stock.Joe

19. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

i agree with steve at indiana gun club, that is where i purchased mine.

20. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Thanks for all responses! I have bought a couple of guns from Steve @ Indiana. Will certainly check there and look in on others. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.