1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Bt-99 Golden Clays recoil level

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gus, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus

gus Member

I have been having neck problems and was shooting a BT-99 plus, went to an 11-87 but still can't handle it for more than 50 rounds. Can anyone tell me how the BT-99 Golden Clays kick compares to these two ? The only thing left is to go to a .410 but then my average would drop from a 15 to a 10.

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Have you tried low recoil shells? Are you sure the guns fit you? Good luck, I know what you are going thru. Once i got my gun to fit me , I now shoot Nitros, silver bullets , etc

3. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I just got a "new to me" BT 99. It had the original recoil pad and kicked enough to jar my fillings. I replaced the pad with a Limbsaver pad and it was an amazing change. I would say it reduced the felt recoil by at least half and the gun is a pleasure to shoot. I used a made to fit model 10001. It left just a touch of proud wood but for a bland old BT99 who cares....with a Golden Clays you will want to get a grind to fit and have somebody put it on professionally ( I recommend TRON...Kitty does good work). RICH

4. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

The thing to remember about the Golden Clays is to have the Gracoil tuned to your style of shooting. The tension must be set on the breakpoint of compression when you mount the gun.

A pad change on the Golden Clays is not necessary with the Gracoil set properly. If you wanted to change it, the Pachmayr XLT has worked great for me on my "old style" BT-99's.

A properly set Gracoil greatly lessens recoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.