1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coming for my guns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

O.K. I have to admit I don't usually get involved in the more controversial discussionson this site, but while reading the sunday paper this morn a question came to mind. I see that the president is going after assault weapons. They may be banned from purchase. I don't own any, I don't think. Maybe my .22 becaue of the large capacity magazine. If this gun ban goes into law, are owners of said guns expected to just turn over any that they have? Is the gov't going to compensate for the gun owners loss? I just can't imagine the mechanics of a gun ban such as this. Probably because we have never had to put one into effect.How did they do it when fully auto guns were outlawed? Or were they always illegal for the private citizen? By the way,no one is getting my .22. Bill

2. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

The Pres is body surfing in HAWAII. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll feed a Great White lunch.

I don't think anyone here is going to agree to a gun ban. If you were writing on Yahoo News you might cause controversy.

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I guess what I was trying to say is that it seems like it would be a law that would be impossible to enforce. Of the people that I know that have AR's, not one of them is going to just turn them in. If it came down to a door to door thing, that could really turn ugly. Bill

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Read how Hitler accomplished the feat in Germany.

Hap

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'd guess the government would expect the owners to turn them in before a certain date. If faced with possible huge fines and prison time I suspect they'd get at least half of them that way, altho' I agree with you Bill that if they started coming around door to door to confiscate the holdouts it could turn really ugly, I doubt they'd do that tho', at least not initially. I suspect it'd go more like;

Any of the described guns that weren't turned in for perhaps fifty cents on the dollar by the deadline would instantly become contraband and possession would become a federal felony. Remember the form you have to fill out when you buy a gun from a dealer? The one where you certify under threat of perjury that you're not a convicted felon, etc.?

So now it's YOUR move Mr "....pry the gun from my cold dead fingers".......they're not "coming for your guns", you'll either hand them over to the authorities for distruction or lose the right to legally own ANY guns. Are you ALL IN or ya' gonna' fold?

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The last AWB restricted the sale of guns. It didn't affect guns that people already had. That is why there is such a buying spree right now. How many people would be out buying ARs if they really thought that they would have to turn around and give them back. Mark

7. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Look what the NY governor said, possible confiscation or mandated state buy back.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

And I am sure all the cartels in America will turn theirs in during a "mandated" buy back........

9. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

The Goverment is Broke most states are complaining they don't have enough money so how are they going to buy them back?

10. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I think confiscation would probadly prove deadly to both sides I hope that it doesnt come to this My ars were bought and built for enjoyment not for the purpose of taking lives I have no plans to give mine up Thats all im going to say

11. 682LINY

682LINY Member

never thought I would be happy about super storm sandy,,, but my apartment was four feet deep in salt water,,, that said I no longer have anything to turn in

12. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bigdog, they have your name, they will be coming for you.

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I would suspect that in addition to brisk firearm sales by gun dealers, lumber yards and plumbing supply houses are probably experiencing higher than normal sales of 8" pvc pipe, end caps, and pvc cement...

Kiv

14. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

KIV-C, don't forget the hair spray.
    If the guns kill people, then the spoon made Oprah fat.
    Hair spray is a propellant, what are these women gonna do?

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Um, Shooterman, KIV-C is not referring to making spud guns. He's talking about making waterproof containers to bury your guns.

16. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Yup! Give that man a cigar!

Kiv!

17. joee12

joee12 Member

Merry Christmas everyone!!

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here is my take

Those of you posting implied threats- your IQ is below the norm. Freedom of speech only goes so far

Likewise an accident, in the context of words that demonstrate intent turns into something else

I would delete those comments

Just saying

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Johnny,,,,,,let them come,,,,,don't have AR's any more,,,,,although I should probably should have kept one.....

20. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Gene tamp down the paranoia! So far no one is coming for anybody's guns. And if you think that the jabber from this site puts you on some kind of list...refer back to my first sentence. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.