1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

comeback

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stu mackay, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

I am trying to come back after about a year off due to health problems. I was shooting b class and 25 yd handicap. I was comfortable at both. I can't find the right height over the house or hold points. I'm a two eyed shooter. I feel the wheels have fallen off. Any ideas? Thanks poppy5

2. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

poppy5,

Sounds like a PERFECT time to take a clinic! If not, then I'm sure with a little back tracking to the basics you will soon be back in the groove. If you have Trap and Field reread some of the articles by Phil Kiner and the others. Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Duke

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Not to sound like your bossy Auntie, but if you're "comfortable" in B-class singles, you have no business at 25 yards.

When that reduction card comes in the mail (and it will), take it.

4. Norris

Norris TS Member

Poppy,

I started again last year after a three-year break due to a small stroke. I shot a lot of targets last year and really struggled. I took a couple of reductions and shot some really low scores. I’m finally starting to come around. On my last 1,000 targets each, I’m averaging 96.1 in singles and 92.6 in handicap (24 ½). I know where my gun is shooting but find my self not staying focus on every bird. Due to old age and slower reactions I had to raise my POI quite a bit. A couple of suggestions:

1. Get you eyes check.

2. Check you POI. I used the 13-yard procedure that Neil Winston posted on this site.

3. If you can: Set the trap on straight-away and shoot a lot of targets from each post until you are comfortable and you are breaking the targets hard. When you miss you need to know why you are missing.

4. Practice some without voice calls. Have someone pull for you and have them give you a lot of real sloooooow pulls. Wait until you see the bird.

I know it is frustrating when you know you should be shooting better but can’t figure out why. Good luck and take care…….Norris

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Poppy.....Try this! Hold your gun at a point about 6 feet above the roof....line up on the white 50 yd stake at each station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.