1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COME TO REDLANDS FOR TRI COUNTIES NOV 6TH SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by E. Beaver, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Tri County Trap Club's next shoot is Sunday November 6th. Signups are between 7:45 and 8:45. We will award prizes for our last months shoot at 9:00 and shooting will start shortly thereafter.

All members, new members and guests are welcome. Shoot all or part of 100 singles, 50 Handicap and 50 anytime doubles.

Entry Fees: Singles, 100 targets, 6 classes - $33.00, Jr. $26.00, Guest $29.00
    Handicap, 50 targets, 5 yardage groups, $17.00, Jr. $13.00, Guest $14.00.
    Doubles, 25 pair, 5 classes, $17.00, Jr. $13.00, Guest $14.00.
    Administrative fee $5.00. Three Class Lewis $10.00.

We have approximately $800.00 worth of prize each month! There are prizes for members for HOA, Singles and Doubles for all classes, AAA, AA, A, B, C, and D. And for Handicap 20, 21-22, 23-24, 25-26 and 27 yards. Also for high Vet, Sr. Vet, Lady, and Junior. Plus $50.00 for our “Lucky Dog” drawing.

We have Mike Wirz of Wirz Wholesale to thank for a runner-up award of a box of shells each to the Lady and Junior with the second highest score in Singles.

In addition, there will be a Bill and Ruthie Hunter Silver Dollar Money Clip to the high score in 20 yard HC and a Silver Dollar Necklace to the lady with the highest score in HC. Both the money clip and the necklace come with $20.00. Thank you Bill and Ruthie Hunter for your continued support.

Also, there will be a Tri County Trap Club/Redlands Shooting Park Buckle for the Singles AA class, Doubles B class and Sr. Vet (70+) class. In addition to the above we will have $20.00 Turkey Gift Certificates for all Singles Class winners plus one at large.

The annual membership for individually is $35.00. For families, including all family members it is $50.00. From April through September the memberships are reduced to $20.00 for individuals and $25.00 for families. New members will pay a one-time $30.00 initiation fee in addition to the annual membership fee. Guests may shoot 2 times without paying the membership fees.

Our shoot schedule for the 2011-2012 shoot year is: Nov 6th, Dec 4th, Jan 8th, Feb 5th, March 4th, April 1st, May 6th, Jun 10th, July 1st, Aug 5th and Aug 26th.

Lunch will be available.

Our webpage has been extensively updated. For further information or to pre-squad please go to http://www.tricountyrap.com

Charlie

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Will be there and am shooting doubles for the first time. Having a good time with the club. This will be my first full season since I started just a few months ago. Hoping to get my act together and one day earn a buckle!

3. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

bonzai272

Glad to hear you are going to try doubles, they are a lot of fun.

What the club does is anytime doubles. So, if you shoot singles early then shoot doubles after you finish singles. If you are shooting singles later then shoot doubles before singles.

Around 9 am there will be a sign up sheet on the table in front of field 3.

There are two ways to win a buckle. The first is the 12-point buckle. A member wins a point for winninng, tying or having a score equal to or above the average winning score for that event. The second is a class win based on the average of your best 9 scores throught the shoot year. You compete in the class or yardage group that you start the shoot year with even tho you may advance during the year.

Good Luck!!

Charlie

4. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

5. goldenbear

goldenbear Member

This addition brings the total value of our daily awards to over $1000. Half cash, half sterling and three buckles. Options and jackpots are in addition. Have fun!

John

6. RayReys

RayReys Member

Can't wait! I'll be competing in doubles for the first time as well..(will be my third time shooting doubles, period). Matt, you better beat me!

7. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Out of curiousity, what usually happens when it rains? Do you guys reschedule the event, cancel it completely, or just shoot thru the rain if its not raining too hard?

Also, how do you notify members ahead of time if its been cancelled or rescheduled, email?

Thanks,
    Matt

8. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Hi Bonzai272:

If the weather is bad etc we take a vote among those that showed up. In the past I remember two times where we shot in light rain. My scores actually went up!

Here is what our rules say:

"A consensus among the participating shoothers will determine the modification, postponement, or cancellation of an event due to inclement weather, darkness of other causes"

Charlie

9. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Sweet. I dont mind some rain. Thanks for the info.

10. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Up for Redlands Shooting Park and Tri County Trap Club.

Charlie

11. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Tomorrow is the day!!!

Don't forget, turn your clocks back Saturday night one hour as Daylight Savings Time ends for this year.

Charlie

12. RayReys

RayReys Member

Just got back/finished cleaning the guns - what a fun day, irregardless of the rain! Have a nice dollar coin sized bruise on my left cheek (layering up changed my mounting methinks - never had a bruise from the BT until today). Doubles was awesome. Overall, I didn't shoot as well as I wanted to, but nonetheless, good times!

Thanks all,
    Ray

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Yup!

It got kinda wet there!

Still had fun!

14. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Imagine having fun in the cold and wet!

Did OK in singles but it was very wet during doubles. Put a tissue in my pocket to wipe the rain off my glasses but my ammo belt prevented access.

A padded shirt, heavy sweater and a slipery jacket made mounting difficult so it became a learning experience.

I'm glad it went.

Charlie

15. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Great wet day at Redlands. Terrific club regardless of the weather.

Shot my best singles 97 in C class, and was first loser to 98's. About 7 others had 97's as well.

Hope it rains at my next shoot :)

Looking forward to the next shoot.

Dave

16. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

We had a blast out there shooting doubles in pouring rain!

A question came up...say you are an A-class singles shooter but a B-class doubles shooter. Which HOA class do you fall under when it comes to earning a buckle point?

17. In plain view

In plain view Member

Singles Class determines your HOA.

18. goldenbear

goldenbear Member

Your HOA class is the same as your singles class. "A" class for HOA would need a score of 185 or greater to earn an over average point, sometimes referred to as OA point. Obviously you might win with a lower score and also score a point (win point). They both count equally for annual buckle purposes.

This was the first time in over three full target years that it rained during one of our shoot days. I hope it's another three years.

Have fun,
    John

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hahahaha .....

Goldenbear looked like a soggy Teddybear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.