1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Come on Tight wads. support this site

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Longhorn, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Where is everyone? Send David a contribution and keep this site open. He does a wonderful job of maintaining it and we take it for granted. Send him a buck or two ...preferable a !0 or 20 spot.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

My wife made out a check for a sawbuck and it will go out in tomorrows mail. HEY lets have a little more participation. Just give up 1 box of shells. Mike.

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I don't know what kind of money you need to raise but putting up an incentive could put David in a higher tax bracket. Putting a star or something to designate a co-sponsor/supporter role next to our "handle" for a $25 annual donation, for instance. Just a thought. Ron Renouf

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I think the star idea is a good one.

Could have a different color, or amount of stars to indicate different dollar levels of donation.Ray.......

5. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Where is this money to be sent to?? I like the idea of the supporter/sponsor
    notation...Paul in Virginia

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Does anyone have contact with David to see if he has any interest in this? Ron

7. BudLight

BudLight Member

David does a great job!! Contributors to the site are thanked for their support on the sponsors page.Ron

8. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I have to admit I have never read that whole page. I would guess more money could be raised by something a bit more visible. Can you tell me what the average contribution is? I'll write the check. I agree that David and his helpers provide a great service. Ron

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

10. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

For MODERATOR: I can understand David's frustration. Can you tell us when the decision will be made on the sale of this site? I have a history of signing up for things just before they go down the porcelain receiver. Ron Renouf

11. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Longhorn: "Where is everyone?" FWIW I have no idea! I'm smarting from three of the most retched threads that have ever seen the light of day. I have no idea what is in the political threads, but I imagine it ain't pretty.

Edited 01/15/o8. TMO Gene Hamman 87-00624

12. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I think the ATA has a full plate already. They don't need to run a chat room, compete in the lead market, etc. Large companies that tried to diversify now are trying to spin off those operations. They need to focus on their primary mission. IMHO Ron Renouf, Life Member 51-12522

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

David should consider re-establishing the site, requiring an ATA or NSCA member ship number to sign up and allow posting. All others would be "read only". If other shooting Associations want be involved, they can add their membership and numbers. Perhaps threads and posts would be more civil if IDs were monitored.

O/T topics can still be posted, but some of the verbage and abuse is rediculous.

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Could some one E-mail me an address to send a contribution to David? Thanks , Jeff

15. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

From another thread: David Van Elgort, (Address removed by david) Please email for address. Ron

16. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

DevilsAdvocate, funny he has taken my check for the last three years,and sent back a very nice thank you letter.Look up the sponsors.

Bocephas

Charles Beard,IL.

17. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I buy merchandise from ts sponsors, this is the best way to support David.

Berettaman7

18. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

It's not about the money!! People have been over the top. Bash after bash. No respect or concern for anybody. Scary stuff. Some of these people are just rotten and they need to be removed from this site. I'll support that. This warning will scare them for awhile and they'll "be good" but just a matter of time it will start all over again. Dave T.

19. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Setterman-

Who verifies that you are the person whose ATA number you have given?

Tom- 2003339 (NOT!)

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

tomk2, Email or fax a copy of the membership card to David at a listed email/fax basket. It can be varified easy enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.