1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Come on CG Shooters do some 38 yard Patterns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Come on CG Shooters pattern your Full Choke tube at 38 yards and post a picture of the for our doubting guy Mr. Neil Winston

Do it from a rest so you are not moving.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What exactly does he doubt?

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

What? Are you getting 100% patterns? Guess there are two who doubt then...

4. Dr.Longshot

He just doubts that patterns from CG Full choke guns patterened at 38 yards
    cannot give you a 19 inch pattern mass, I agree there will be flyers, but they throw an awsome pattern for a 27 yard shooter.

A target crunching choke tube designed specifically for long yardage shooting.

A gun designed shooting 2 3/4 inch shells, no a field gun w/3"inch chambers as his test gun, the SWAG system supporting Torridorial equipment SWAE

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I do all my pattering from 40 yds....shoot it like a rifle on sand bags...

Kerry Allor says it prints great after his magic touch, then it's OK by me....

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

When I first got my CG I patterned all three barrels with all the choke tubes supplied. In every test the light full was tighter than the full choke. The light full also shot a more consistent pattern.

I patterned with STS shells 1 1/18 oz at 1145 pfs, STS shells 1 oz at 1180 fps and STS Nitros 1 1/18 oz at 1235 fps.with the same results with all three shells.

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

likes to shoot, What were the percentages of the pattens of all three loads?

Ajax

8. likes-to-shoot

I never counted pellets for a percentage. The patterns were consistently spread evenly in the 30" circle. The full choke tube would throw patterns that looked like the shot was clumped in spots. A bunch in one area and open spaces in other areas.

That was a all day process going through a couple of boxes of each load.

The main point of my post was that just because the tube was marked full it didn't mean it was the tightest or best choke. At least in my case anyway.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I will give it a try when I have the range to myself...I've not used tighter than IM in mine yet...it makes smoke with 3 dram Top Guns from just goofing at 30-31 yd line so have not even thought to try anything tighter

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"The main point of my post was that just because the tube was marked full it didn't mean it was the tightest or best choke. At least in my case anyway."

LTS, that same thing may apply to a fixed choke barrel also! There's no rhyme, reason or a plausible explanation I know of except possibly barrel harmonics for barrels and choke tubes to act the way they do. My nephew has a KS-5 Special that shoots unbelievable patterns with his modified choke tube, you'd have to see the patterns shot at 40 yards with his full to believe that one also!

Hap

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Do like Gary does. 3 shots to a pattern sheet. you'll be a hero

12. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Come on Jack; Be nice!!! lol

13. likes-to-shoot

MIA...maybe if I got a right handed and a left handed gang banger they could shoot my gun on each side and it would fill out the pattern, eh. LOL that would be three shots to a pattern sheet. :)

14. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I shot my Guerini at the 2013 FL state shoot. One night they had a shoot to you miss competition,with a nice money prize. I was selected to shoot first,and we shot with the shells they gave us(light 7 1/2). I smacked the first target,and i heard someone behind me comment" he must have a tighter than hell choke in that thing" nope. Improved Mod. I shoot that at all yardages. P.S. we were shooting from about 40yrds away,with a cranked up trap.

15. JACK

ewww-ohhhh-ahhhh. Is it possilbe that a IM could pattern tighter than a full? yes.

But if you read Gary's post, he says "show me the money"

er... patterns. CG guys can post a pic... yes?

16. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

MIA, I won that shoot with the improved Mod-so it did "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

17. JACK

Gary is anecdotal as well. He asks for pictures of patterns. Yes? obviously he is relying on you to prove he is a sage buyer of guns. Go ahead and set up a "card shoot" with some KY boys... and take a camera

18. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

I shoot an IM for my 27 yard targets. Does this mean I am doing it wrong out of my CG?

19. Dr.Longshot

I just ordered a Lit Full from CG, Tonite I was using my IM and it did a grand job all the way out to 80 yards.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Gary, have you gotten another CG? I thought you were shooting something else!

I'm shooting something new/old myself. Since I am always looking for something better - I know the feeling.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.