1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do any of you use Comcast as your internet provider? I pay about $30/mo. now and have been with them since they bought previous provider. I got a letter this week and called them today sice the letter didn't make much sense and the price is going up approximately another $15. It's an ok provider but jeez I don't use it to make a living nor does it make me any money.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I had Comcast they raised my rate so I went to Verizon.
    After I left Comcast kept calling and sending all sorts of percs to go back with them. Haven't taken them up on any. Suggest you call and bitch and threatem to go with someone else. Murray

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

If I didn't have my cable TV with them too I'd find another myself.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They are a poor provider for internet service. The connection is usually alright, when it works, but they limit your bandwidth with certain applications. Their customer service is also the pits. Good Luck!

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Play the game with them. I currently have Their Triple Play Package. Internet, cable and phone. They were not going to give me thre triple play rate sin ce I was an existing internet customer. I went back and forth with them that I was a new Phone customer but they were not having any of that. I asked if the poerson I had on the line right now was able to cancel my internet and cable and lo and behold.... I was given the special introductory rate for new customers only. If you have other options, they tend to play nice with you. If they are the only game in your town, you are likely going to have to suck it up and pay the extra $15.

Jeff

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

If you have the option to go with Verizon Fios then jump on it! I have it and bringing up web sites is like changing the channel on tv. It's that fast!...Ziggy

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

comcast is super high speed here

bill

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sounds better than cableone. My internet is $59, plus cable. Monthly bill is $126

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

We got bought out by Comcast and I have had more issues in 6 months with my internet and cable than I did in the past 30 months with Insight Cable. My feeble mind doesn't understand what has really changed since I still have the same cable running from the road into my house. LOL. . . .

10. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I've got 'em. Broadband service is good and TV reception is excellent. They have without exception the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. Every time I have to call (thankfully that's seldom), I am looking up numbers for other providers before the call is over. They do eventually solve the problems, but it takes multiple calls and much much patience.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

nipper

Super High Speed? Just try downloading DVD sized files over their network Via FTP or BitTorrent protocols. You'll see your bandwidth throttled down, at least during peak times. It's not due to other users sharing the bandwidth, it's a deliberate act by Comcast to slow your download speeds for large file transfers. They are one of several ISPs that will deliberately do that. I know that they have been taken to task for it and they may be forced to stop, but if they will do that, what else will they do with your network connection.

12. nipper

nipper TS Member

quack, why would i ever want to download a dvd size file, sorry i have a wife??

bill

13. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I beg to differ but SPRINT has the worst customer service behind Browning, than in 3rd place comes comcast.

14. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

nipper,

I download software for development and use in my work. It's not just for movies or music. Most of the Operating System packages are DVD sized distributions, or at least a full CDs worth. OEM Software from Microsoft is also distributed to developers and VARs by download via FTP or other methods. There are also FTP backups to or from remote servers to consider. Doctors and Surgeons move large X-Ray, CT Scan, and MRI files over their networks. Some clients would be sending or receiving file transfers of over 10-20 Gigabytes per day. That's a LOT of data to move over a crippled network. At some point in the future, a lot of entertainment might/will be transferred over the net. A lot of it is done that way already. Many episodial tv series are accessible for download, especially for the I-Puds. Look at Netflix. They have a download service that allows you to watch a movie without much of a wait.....Unless you are on Comcast. Their networks do NOT qualify as a "Super High Speed Service".

Some people are still perfectly happy with dial up service. It works, unless you need the bandwidth that a faster pipe can offer. I refuse to pay for a service, or subscribe to one, that is deliberately crippled or throttled down to prevent me, or others, from utilizing the benefits of the fast pipe we contracted for. Oh, and did I mention their Customer Service is the Pits?

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

We have Comcast for cable TV right now but I was always happy with Verizon DSL for Internet access. We tried DirecTV for a few weeks a year or so ago and went back to cable - the picture was better and DirecTV didn't offer (at any cost) two channels my wife likes. But I recently went with Verizon FIOS for Internet and it is quick! I want to give their TV service a shot when it becomes available here in a few weeks.

Our son has Comcast's Internet, TV and phone service and isn't impressed.

Ed

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Dave, Don't know if you have ATT Uverse in your area but it's cheaper and better service

17. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I have ComCast: cable, internet & phone. Overall I like the service.

With the internet I get McAfee antivirus and fire wall, free. McAfee is doing it job, I get updates installed automatically. The download time is great, cable is very fast. I do spend a lot of time on the net. The E-mail portion of ComCast cable is also very good. I have not had any problems with the cable service.

The TV with basic and some digital preferred with on demand is very good.

The phone. I have two sons living out of state and other relatives living out of state. With free long distance this is a great feature.

On the down side, the cost. It is hard to understand why ComCast charges so much for these features my bill runs $157.37 per month.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comcast cable traps

comcast trap call

comcast traps