1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast Cable Network Bans All Firearms Related Ad

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jim R, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

You need to see this

http://godfatherpolitics.com/9573/comcast-cable-network-bans-all-firearms-related-advertising/

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

People still use Comcast?????

3. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Yeah, they are the biggest cable company in the country. So, yes, I think alot of people still use Comcast.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well, I have been on Dish for over a decade. Not many people I know use cable anymore.

So will they still have the outdoor sports channels that have gun and shooting sports programs? Those will have gun commercials, but of course they will bring revenue to the channels.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just another reason to have nothing to do with their company. Comcast purchased the controlling interest of NBC from GE a year ago, and that boot licking network has even became more of an Obama butt kisser. I didn't even think that was possible, but they did. To he$$ with Comcast.

Maybe all conservatives should buy some stock in Comcast, then show up at the annual meeting and fire em all.

6. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

comcast asa full line up of gun/hunting related shows on every Wednesday in Fort Wayne, IN. I saw several adds for guns and ammo on the comcast cable system this week. I suggest that this thread is without merit.

7. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I am still seeing gun ads in Indianapolis on my comcast stations.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pacemaker, quote: <i>.....comcast asa full line up of gun/hunting related shows on every Wednesday in Fort Wayne, IN. I saw several adds for guns and ammo on the comcast cable system this week. I suggest that this thread is without merit."</i>

First, several news agencies and outlets are reporting this.

Second, not all ads can come to a grinding halt. There are likely some that have contracts that have to run their course, then not be renewed. They would face breach of contract for breaking the contract without a valid reason ie something more than a whim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.