1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

combo set/undersingle only for hcp?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My advice is to set the Unsingle near 100% high for caps, especially if you are near the back fence. Use a bench rest and set the POI at 13 yards, per Neil Winston.

Then, adjust your shooting to that POI for 16's. You will like the near 100% gun on the 16. Get the bead near the bottom of the bird, and POOF! no more bird.

The Unsingle is so lively and responsive, you will likely not want to shoot anything else.

I like ATA Dubs, but only shoot my O/U barrel for that one discipline. The Unsingle is a Corvette, while the O/U is a one ton van!

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

What is the measurement in inches at 13 yards for 100% high?

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Multiply your numbers by 3 and that will tell you where the center of your pattern is at 39 yards. Shoot a few 35-40 yard patterns and draw a circle around the part of the pattern that is sufficiently dense that there are no obvious target size holes. That is your "sure kill" pattern and with most chokes it will be about 22-24 inchs in diameter. If so, 4" above the POA at 13 yards will give you about a 100% high pattern.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Frank Little shot a Browning Superposed at everything for years. Most of todays pros shoot sgl.s for hdcp. some shoot O/U for sgl.s & some shoot sgl.s. Shoot what you shoot best.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

With all respect, Frank shot DECADES ago. Things have changed.

I agree to shoot what you shoot best, but the Unsingle is best suited for the task at hand, shooting one target at a time. Use it.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Leo Harrison shoots his o/u for singles and doubles....

7. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Nice discussion point. But the answer is obvious. Shoot both. One will give you better scores. Use the one you are better with.

I have the 34 " K80 TS Unsingle, and also drive a 'Vette. Shooting Coach is right.

The Unsingle is much lighter and moves better. For me. So my scores are higher with it in both Sing and HC. Might be different for you. And it might change year to year. Shoot both and then decide.

What other shooters, great or small, use is of minor interest compared to your, or my, ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.