1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Combo? & Pfs vs Custom Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dan Veite, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Veite

Dan Veite TS Member

I've only been shooting singles & handicap targets thus far. However, I want to start shooting doubles. I'm shooting a KS-5 Special but I also have a 682 o/u. Would I be better off getting a combo gun or should I just shoot the two different guns?

My next dilema, I recently went through a major change in my build & I'm having trouble getting my gun to fit me again. Debating whether to go to a PFS or have someone custom fit a stock for me. I know there are a lot of PFS supporters on here but I have never shot one or know anyone with one.

2. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

danimal: Regarding the fps, I too have been thinking of getting one for my 682ex as was fortunate to meet this week with a local gang of shooters who all have them, and after that 1 afternoon, I am now looking to get a good used one...Hope that will help you out with your decision...there are many good posts about the fps on this site..

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Danimal;

Interesting parallel. I too shot a KS5 Special and a 680 o/u. For various reasons I had to start using a PFS on my Krieghoff. I also bought a PFS grip for my 680, thinking I'd just move the PFS mechanism over when I wanted to shoot doubles.

Well, it didn't work out so well. I had to readjust the pfs when I swapped it between guns, and it was a big pain and it seemed like I never could duplicate the adjustments I needed.

So, I bought a beretta combo, and put the PFS on it and it's a lot less stress and grief. The setup stays the same all the time. I'm not shooting the beretta unsingle anywhere near as well as I shot the krieghoff, but I'm hoping that will come in due time. I do miss the krieghoff trigger though - the beretta feels like a marshmallow compared to it.

Larry

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Danimal, one point. Are you sure your change is permanent. Might find yourself in the same posistion again? The PFS stocks are great. Get a grip for each gun and you will just have to switch the unit. Right down and mark your unit for the different guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.