1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Combo Advise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

I'm looking for a Combo, any thoughts on the Browning Cynergy Classic trap?
    Good or bad? I Have a 3200, 101 and a Lujtic 73 and want to quit switching guns at a shoot. Any other combo advise? Thanks in advance, Butch H

2. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have the Browning cynergy combo and I love it. It was fairly easy to set up.
    Jim Kennedy
    Aztec, NM

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Buy a CG.

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Go Kolar. You won't regret it. Jake

5. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I regret that I am forced to disagree with my fellow Browning owners. I have an XT combo and love it. I got the opportunity to look at and hold a Cynergy combo for the first time. I was not impressed. The XT has a huge hinge and receiver and locks up tight. The Cynergy has a smaller receiver (that was the idea, I guess) and didn't appear to me to be nearly as well made or tight. The lock up system and lack of a hinge bothered me a lot. I feel I have a much superior gun. Check one out before you buy. Just my opinion.

6. gordy h

gordy h Member

Thanks guys I will give the XT 2nd look, Good shooting!! Butch H

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Why anyone would be critical of something they never tried never ceases to amaze me. The Cynergy I bought some years ago when they first appeared, locks up just as tight as the day I bought it. One thing though, I never snap a gun shut, like I see a lot of people do. I hold the locking lever open, close the gun and release the lever. I have breakopens over 10 years old the lever still sits to the right of receiver when closed.

The hinge design of the Cynergy allows it it to have a very shallow profile and allows a fast swing, because it is very nicely balanced. Your forward support hand is higher to your line of sight, which helps with hand, eye co-ordination, the most fundamental aspect of correct shotgun pointing.
    The triggers are mechanical, instead of inertia and are very quick.

The recoil pad transfers very little recoil to the shooters shoulder. The unique pad is not offered on the trap combo, why I don't know, but the one I have on my sporting clays does work. Unlike those who blast the Cynergy, I have looked at and shot an XT and I am not impressed with them as much as I am with the Cynergy. The XT looks like a throw back to the old Browning Broadway, and its' different variations, I have owned. Much loved and respected by many, but a very old design.

8. Twixter

Twixter Member

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I tried out a Cynergy for a round of doubles and was really pleased with the lack of felt recoil. This gun seemed to handle like a well balanced light weight. With a single tube the gun would probably feel even lighter. The guy that owns it has about 6K rounds on it with no problems so it must be fairly reliable.

Personally I don't really like the modernistic look of the gun (even though it seems to be very funtional). BTW I'm a 682x combo fan so there is probably some bias toward what I like about that gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.