1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine Family Vacation and Shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbbor, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Visit the Texas State Shoot and bring the family. San Antonio is a great family vacation spot. Historic landmarks, the famous "River Walk", Sea World and amusement park and many dining and shopping places for the women and kids. Visit our program at the above website.

Win one of eighteen of these. No entry required. They are the trophies for two handicaps. Nine each handicap. All open. Champion gets a .17 HMR. Three yardage groups and all categories get .22's

[​IMG]

Check out the "Miss-and-Out in the program. No entry required. "LOTS" of money in the "mystery bag" in addition to the yardage money.

$10,000.00 for a hundred straight in the Championship Handicap. No entry required.

Dinner and Party for shooters and guest(FREE), as well as Special Event. Texas normally has a "good"special event.

Our shoot this year is being held at one of the "Premiere" facilities in the United States, The National Shooting Complex. As stated above, the program is available for viewing on the link above. If you want a printed program, email me at my email address on our website (http//www.texastrap.com). Programs for our normal mailing list will be in the mail by Friday, this week. Jimmy Borum

2. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

3. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

jbbor
    Great looking program. I can not make it this year but will try to be there next year. Is the Texas State Shoot always held in San Antonio? Or does it move from club to club? If it moves do you know where it will be next year?
    DTD

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Are Trolls welcome?

5. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Tron - I don't consider you a troll. Just politically misguided. But seeing where you live and, evidently, were raised, I can understand. If you are still job hunting, there are many good paying jobs available in Texas. We even have a few Liberal Democrats. My sister fits right in that category. Texas is kind to (almost) all and invite you down.

The State Shoot is scheduled for Amarillo next year. Jimmy Borum

6. Darla

Darla Member

We have 119 presquadded for Sunday's Hcp. With six weeks to go, it's looking good. There are 16 posts left in the 1st 10 squads (reserved for people who travel 300+ miles). If you need an early post, or just need presquad help email me or Helen, or call us, the numbers are in the program.

The program link is on the website and next to it a link to some ads for hotels. We've got a really good trophy, gun and added money package this year and look forward to seeing everybody in San Antonio.

Darla

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

8. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

9. nipper

nipper TS Member

tron,

i think a trip to texas is in order, take their money home with you and leave them wondering--where did he come from--only to return next year.

bill

10. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

11. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

12. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Thanks Jimmy hope to see you in Abiline.

13. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Sorry Allen. I probable won't see you until July. I hope Abilene has a good turnout. They spent some money on new trap fields for the zone shoot. Jimmy B.

14. Darla

Darla Member

Hey Allen, how are you feeling? Been thinking about you since I saw Don's post on the famous trapshooter thread.
    Darla

15. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Jimmy, you make this sound like so much fun and I'm sure it will be. I love coming to San Antonio, but we can't find enough days on the calendar to get there this year. You are absolutely right, it is a great family destination. Good shooting....

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Send the wife to a Spa and the kids to Disneyland, then go shoot. You'll have a lot more fun!!!

18. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

I was hoping you and Leo might make it. I hope our program is appealing enough to overcome some of the negative things trap shooting is experiencing. I miss the days in Ohio at the Grand with you all but, such is life. Is Leo going to Kansas this week? We may make it for the weekend. Jimmy Borum

19. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

No trip to KS, we are in New York this week and Ohio for the next two weeks with clinics and the OH state shoot. I too miss the fun we had in Vandalia, but come to Sparta and we can add new fun times to our list of memories.

20. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting vacations with the family

trap shooting vacations