1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb spacers for a Browning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by steele, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

A young shooter has asked me to make him some comb spacers for an adjustable factory comb on his Browning. This is the type with one adjustment screw thru the pad. Does anyone know the diameter of the vertical posts? I didn't have a wrench to take it apart to measure them. They look small, around 3/16" or so. Butch fom Pgh

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I just use 1/4" stainless steel flat washers in mine but any hardware store that sells fasteners should sell nylon spacers in a wide variety of lengths and inside/outside dimensions. You can buy short ones or buy long ones and cut them to your needs.<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Keller

3. steele

steele TS Member

I know I use oversized ones from other applications. I was just inquiring about the post diameter, so I get ones that fit well.

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I use 1/4M Flat Tap Washers

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Plumbing-Electrical/Plumbing/Repair-Hookup/Taps-Sinks/Washers/6-Pack-1-4-Medium-Flat-Faucet-Washers/_/N-ntmaaZ1z141um/Ne-ntc74/No-120/R-I3232424?Num=0

They are about 1/8" thick.

5. steele

steele TS Member

I would still like to know the diameter of the posts.

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Tom Larkin has special plastic washers with the correct size hole for Browning hardware.

http://www.thestockshop.net/

SW

7. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I don't want to disturb mine to measure it, but the 1/4M Tap Washers slip on in a snug fit, like they were made for the posts.

8. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

The posts on my BT 99 measure 0.189 give or take a couple thousandths. Woody

9. steele

steele TS Member

Woody, you are my hero. Thank you for taking the time to measure for me. Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.