1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb Spacers - any info??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scott calhoun, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago at the Indiana State Shoot I bought a set of comb spacers from one of the vendors. The spacers came in a package of about 12 or 14, and there were six or seven different thicknesses and each set of 2 of the same thickness were a different color. They make it very easy to alter your comb setup.

A couple of the guys at my club would like to get a set, but I have no idea who I got them from and in fact don't recall seeing them at any of the other shoots that I have attended since then.

Does anyone have an idea of who might sell spacers like this?

Thanks - Scott

2. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Dennis DeVault sells color coded spacers. Check the URL above.

Chad

3. scott calhoun

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks. Scott

4. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

5. use

use Member

you probably bought those from Rod's(Rod's Custom stocks) he is a vendor here. he and his wife are fantastic people.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Nylon spacers from Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Curt

7. scott calhoun

Curt -

I went to both Lowes and Home Depot today, and nobody in the place could find what I was asking for, nor did anyone even have any idea what I was talking about. All they had were nylon washers, metal washers, plastic washers - but nothing that were color-coded based on their thickness.

I also checked the Yellow Pages and did a Google search for Etc - apparently we don't have one of those in my area.

Scott

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Local Ralph's Supermarket in So-Cal carries Ritt dye. Wait until lady/ladies of the home are gone before use.

9. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

Scott, You might try McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst. Grainger might also be able to help. Dave

10. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Check your local hardware store for rubber washers. My local True Value store has various sizes. I got the exact size for the posts on my adjustable comb

Frank

11. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Went to local store.. purchased some fauset washers. Fit my post and they had different thickness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.