1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

comb slap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcenfarms, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

how to fix getting hit in the face I have changed the comb Ihave put the back end higher than the front. I have turned the comb so the front is to the right and the bac is to the left. i was told to take my gooey off and that didn;t do anything.

PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE thank you

Nate slenczka

2. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Nate, You stated on another thread that you are growing. You need to find a GOOD gun fitter to help you out. That may be why you are struggling so bad right now. If possible call Ken Rucker at "www.Speedbump Stockworks.Com" and talk to him. You can get his number off his website. He does a lot of work with kids so he can relate to your problem. Tell him I told you to call him. Hope this helps.

Jimmy

3. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

do you know what to do with the comb
    ilooked at ken web site but
    I won a 100 dollar gift card to Tom Larkin in Minnesota

Please answer

NATE

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Nate,

As was stated above, there is a good chance the cheek slap you are experneincing is caused by inadequate pitch on your stock (the bottom of the pad, the toe, sticks out too far).

When you mount the gun, the entire pad, top to bottom, should make simultaneous contact with your shoulder pocket with the top of the pad, the heel, even with the top of your shoulder.

You want the upper barrel rotation that occurs during recoil to pivot on the heel of the pad, which will reduce the distance the barrel (and comb) rise.

There are other possible causes of your cheek slap but they get too involved to discuss here. A visit to a good stock fitter would be money well invested, a fitter who would make any alterations to your stock's dimensions necessary to allow you to use (shooting form), which he would also teach you.

Rollin

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

think PITCH

6. acre44

acre44 Member

I have to agree 100% with PITCH being the answer. I was having the exact same problem when I began shooting a new gun, cheek slap, top of comb bashing your cheek. You need to get it fixed pronto because it leads to flinching. I had a tapered spacer put behind my butt end soft pad. It is thicker at the top and skinnier at the bottom. It works like a CHARM! Try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comb slap