1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb movement necessary to change POI?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Shooters sometimes want to know how moving the comb on their gun will affect the gun’s point of impact (POI). POI is where the center of the pattern will be at a particular distance.

Although "Stock Fitter’s Bible [Second Edition]" has a drawing and a formula on page 180 explaining how comb movement changes a gun’s POI, the reader must do the math.

Now there’s an easier way. A shooter in Denmark created an automatic POI calculator. Plug in the distance and the calculator automatically comes up with the comb movement necessary for a chosen POI change.

The drawing, the formula and the calculator were put on one page. If you would like it, email me (above). Put “POI calculator” in the subject line. I will reply with the 8 ½ x 11-inch attachment.

The drawing and calculator are copyrighted but you are free to use them and email them to anyone else who wants them. However, neither the drawing nor the calculator can be used in any written or electronic publication without my written permission.

Rollin

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Rollin,

It is good to see you back on TS.com.

I always look forward to what you contribute to this site.

Ron Burdick

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Thanks, Ron;

Trapshooters.com has more knowledgeable visitors, who are able to answer the majority of questions about stock fitting and shooting form.

http://www.shotgunworld.com visitors have more questions that require answers that I can provide. It also has many fewer political pundits and crazies, which I like.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.