1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb Adjustment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aintlost, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

When I am aiming under the bird about 1 ft when shooting 16 yard I get a good break. My question is should I move the comb up or down. I would like to shot the bird and not have to hold under the bird.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Move it down.

3. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Your eyes act as the rear sight on a rifle. You move the rear sight the direction you want the round to impact. If you want to hold lower on the target, drop the comb down. Think about it. If your rear sight, (eyes) is lower, to line up properly you move the front of the gun down.You will then be able to cover the bird or be just slightly below to break it.Sounds confusing but it isn't. Basic sight alignment fundamentals. If 221 is out there, I'm sure he will concur. Good luck.

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

If you know you are holding 1 foot under the target you are aiming the gun. Wrong way to break a target.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

put a 1/4" or 3/8" piece of wood( painted black) just behind the front bead- you wont see the bead now , but shoot it that way- fun experiment . you can either move the comb or rib front-- same differance??

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Aintlost,if you are already looking right down the rib lowering the comb won't help and you need to do something else.

Neil

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

???? Neil, explain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.