1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb Adjusters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I need to add height to a comb on my 20 gauge 390. I don't want to spend as much as adding an adjustable comb. I have used moleskin before, as well as foam pads.

I don't need to add much, if any at all, cast on by adding something like the foam pads.

Are there products besides the foam pads and Wrapidcombs which allow the height to be raised without adding much cast on?

Danny

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Cheek-eez pads come in different thicknesses and is a stick-on.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Shape a piece of styrofoam to fit the comb and attach it with moleskin is about your only solution. If it were me I would go with the adjustable comb.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

how about the shims that go b/w the stock and receiver? Do these work on the 20ga gun?

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Cheek-eez is the foam pad I've already tried. The problem with those is they add 1/8" cast on for every 1/8" rise in the comb. Unless there is a way to start the edge of the pad on top of the comb and secure it with moleskin or something like that.

Has anyone been successful in adding height but not affecting cast this way?

Danny

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Try a shim on the side of the stock between the action & the stock. Should create enough offset to help. Just a piece of matchbook or playing card will help as long as you have clearance on the action tube.

Big Jack

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Danny,
    Southwest Shooters Supply sells what they call their "slimside elevator pad, a stick on Polymer pad that raises the comb 1/4" but is only 1/16" on the sides.
    They also have pads that raise the comb more than that.
    I have used these in the past and they work very well. Dick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.