1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Comb adjujstment?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kbud, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbud

kbud Member

I'm right handed, my gun is shooting 2" left. To correct this, in which direction do I move my comb? In or Out.

2. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Your eye is the rear sight so if I am thinking correct you need to move the comb in to the right handed shooter. I am sure if I am wrong the others will let us know.

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

It works just like moving a rifle sight. With the rear sight, move in the direction you want to move the POI. So if you are shooting left, then you want to move right. So move the comb to the right (looking down the barrel of course). If it were the front sight/bead, you would move the bead opposite the direction you wanted the POI to change.

Jim R

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

<i>I'm right handed, my gun is shooting 2" left. To correct this, in which direction do I move my comb? In or Out. </i>

Move your comb to the Right

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Move the comb so that your eye is looking straight down the barrel when you mount the gun. If you mount the gun in a comfortable manner with your eyes closed and then open your eyes, the shooting eye should be looking straight down the rib.

If your gun is shooting to the left with your eye straight down the barrel, that is a problem with the barrel, not the comb. It requires 5-10 careful shots from a solid rest to really figure out where the gun is shooting. There is a great difference between where the gun is shooting and where you shoot the gun.

Pat Ireland

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

If you shot two inches to the left when you patterned the gun shooting off-hand, disregard the results until you can pattern for POI using a solid gun rest.

The tendency is for right-handed shooters to shoot to the left when shooting at a stationary target offhand.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.