1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Columbia Omni Freeze Zero Shirts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Jun 6, 2013.

1. jhoward

jhoward Member

Has anyone tried one of Columbia's new cooling shirts? Our state shoot is Fourth of July weekend and its usually so hot you can barely stand it. Thought these might be just the thing, but they're not exactly cheap. Wanted to see if anyone had tried these and, if so, how they worked.

2. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

I have used Nike, under armour versions which worked great. Cool and dried fast.
    Chad

3. smoking clays

smoking clays Member

I have try one and did not think it work very well at all it cost $60.00. I return for a refund. Like you the heat is hard to deal with. I used cooling bandannas they have little crystals in them. You soak in cold water I put them in my ice chest they swell up you can wear them around your neck. It help keep you cool.

Randy

4. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

I just ordered a tshirt from amazon 35.00 for tan

5. smoking clays

smoking clays Member

There are different types prices vary from $20.00-$60.00 depending which type you like. The one I tried you could see little blue rings in the material. I just did not think it worked well.

Randy

6. busstuf

busstuf Member

They are great shirts,used them in Florida fishing. Bought at Columbia outlet store for $25 each.
    Tom Foley

7. cloud_of_8s

cloud_of_8s Member

I started shooting in Under Armour. Then bought a couple of the Champion. They both work equally well, and the Champion, like Reyper says, are a few dollars cheaper. Head out to Target and try one.

8. shaggist

shaggist Member

In addition to an evaporative shirt, the use of a Kool Towel wrapped around your neck adds to the effectiveness. Just soak it in water, squeeze out the excess, but don't wring it out, wrap tightly around your neck, and you are good for 1 round of trap in the heat. Very effective!
    Jack