1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt SAA, Peacemaker, Pre-War 1st Gen., 38WCF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

I know the gun would have been worth a lot more had it not been butchered.

2. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rear adj sight for one.

3. michae lee

michae lee Member

0   0   0

Steve; It appears that both sights have been changed. The grips are of a later vintage. (1910-1919) The medallions should both be facing forward on a gun mfg. in 1906. The hammer, trigger and bolt screws are later and appear to be to long. There should also be a VP in a triangle proof mark on the left front of the trigger guard. Hammer looks like a type III used from 1908 – 1940. If you were to sell to a non collector the pistol could bring as much as $2,000.00 If a knowledgeable collector looked at the pistol he probably would not purchase due to the incorrect state of the pistol. There are still questions as to the serial numbers in the correct location, the assembler numbers matching and in the correct format and the barrel address. . If you would like to discuss this gun, feel free to contact me at 727-415-0811 EST

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Who ever had it liked to shoot. Maybe the collector value is dimenished due to the mods and the buggered screws but this would be a great shooter.

I would think the market value would be in line with what more recent shooters bring (which is never cheap). Something in the $1,200 range.

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Interesting gun. Cylinder appears to have been beveled. Can't tell if ejector rod is bulleyes or not. TrapCrazy, looking at the bottom of the gun, can you tell us where the SN's are located? Two in front of the trigger guard and one on the butt strap?

Thanks,

Steve

6. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Why not go to a SA Colt forum and ask them? I am sure you can find one by googling.

7. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

This gun may be altered, "butchered" I don't think so. Gun is 100 years old, I would think that someone in the past used this gun and altered it to fit their preferences. Maybe a closet queen is worth more as they are hard to find, But a gun that has been used as they were meant to be should not be considered "butchered" Every condition has some value. Well used trap guns will change due to use and are always priced accordingly.

Letts

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

Considering half the top strap was cut through for the rear sight, I would also call it butchered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.