1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Pythons (2) Sold, Sold, Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by W.P.T., Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Two Colt Pythons (TEST FIRED ONLY) ... One is a 6", the other is a 4" both pistols in as new condition and have been test fired only ... Take your pick $1,200.00 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL ... Call Frank (Tell him WPT sent you) (602) 708-0982 ... These guns are a rare find for sure ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1267.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1268.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1269.jpg

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I can't believe one of the Pistol shooters or collectors have not jumped on these right away, they are legal and only test fired so don't let the price fool you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

Wow -nice! Why are they 'rare'? Are they serialized one number apart or something? The shortie is less common than the 6" gun, yes.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I was a Colt guy, I would go for these! $1,200 is about the going rate for a nice Python around here and you don't come across them very often.

Ed

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

They are rare because they have only been test fired and are as close to new as you can get without it being wrapped in the factory paper ...

Ed,

Out here (AZ) they are priced way under what they are worth but more like what the market will allow, when nobodys got any money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Put them on the Colt forum and you will find out what they are worth and how rare they are.

7. wackdux

wackdux TS Member

0   0   0

What does "test fired only" mean? Do you have boxes and all factory papers? Since leaving the factory, either they are fired or unfired.

8. 6chuter

6chuter Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If the serial number starts with the letter "E" the collection value is more but they're not rare.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Have to check in the boxe's and what see whats in them ... The price is for the revolvers as seen in the pictures ... I do not want to bother posting on other forums until I feel this site is exhausted ... They appear to be unfired but figure saying test fired only is safe enough at these prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

"Rarity" issues aside, if these Pythons are truly in "AS NEW" condition, $1200 is a square deal for sure.

(Except in Iowa, of course, where all guns magically lose about half their value).

-Gary

11. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

You said something about checking whats in the boxes. Does that mean you have both boxes and the paperwork? IS there a package deal if I buy both?
    Chris

12. tomdrpm

tomdrpm TS Member

0   0   0

I will take both per my phone call with Frank this evening. Thanks. Tom

13. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

0   0   0

While on the subject of Colt Pythons, does anyone know the value of an 8" with under-barrel weight ; purchased in the early 1980s ; NEVER FIRED ? I have often been curious as to its selling price.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Chris,

First we have to see if the boxes are even there ... I think they probably are but is also looks like Tom bought them, says he talked to Frank and got bought both of them ... He who hesitates usually loses ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I will talk with Frank this morning and confirm that they are sold or not ... Thx again ...

Rare meaning, its rare to find them in this shape not that the pistols themself are rare ... Hell, we all know the world is flooded with them but not in this shape ...

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

The Pythons have been sold, thank you all for looking ... Tom, you are the buyer, Congratulations ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.